The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 140 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#123813 - 07/19/07 01:34 AM Harry Potter
Anonymous
Unregistered

Any HP fans out there! Very much enjoyed Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix movie.

I admit, I've a crush on Professor Snape -- Lola and Mountainash, what's you scoop on Alan Rickman? Luv his accent!

#123814 - 07/19/07 02:25 AM Re: Harry Potter [Re: ]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
I'm counting down for the final book - I've read them all so far. Haven't seen the latest movie yet but the reviews from Pottermaniacs I know haven't been good. I can't stand Snape - he gives me the creeps. But he's still an interesting character, as they all are.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#123815 - 07/19/07 02:29 AM Re: Harry Potter [Re: yonuh]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I read the first book a long time ago with one of my kids. It wasn't one of my favorites.

I remember visiting my daughter once when she was babysitting. She was reading Harry Potter to the kids and I took over for her. I was barreling through and the kids kept correcting me because, apparently, I was mispronouncing the character's names. I still see those kids on the neighborhood (they're now teens) and I can't help but laugh at how they corrected me. What a hoot.

#123816 - 07/19/07 03:17 AM Re: Harry Potter
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
I've read them all. I read the first one to my son, and we read the next few together, and the most recent ones we both have bookmarks in while we're reading.

I've really enjoyed them, and look forward to the final one. The movies fall short, but then I've always preferred books to movies anyway. They just can't accomplish in a movie what your imagination can with a book.

#123817 - 07/22/07 01:25 PM Re: Harry Potter [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I'm a HP fan. I've read all the books and was anxiously awaiting the delivery of the 7th book yesterday. I'm already a third of the way through it. I expect to finish it today. We have all the movies as well.

When hubby and I go on our trips to the Keys, we bring along a HP book and I read from it while hubby drives. Makes the time go by really fast.

I've re-read each book as well, so that by the time the next one comes out, I'm all caught up again. And, I re-read the current movie book again so that I can remember what's going to happen.

Was kind of disappointed with movie 5 as it didn't quite stick to the book as well as the previous 4 did.

Off to go read book 7 some more. Got to finish it today. Hubby is next to read it.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#123818 - 07/22/07 01:33 PM Re: Harry Potter [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I bought the new book yesterday but haven't been able to start reading it yet and probably won't get a chance until tomorrow - grrr! My step-daughter is here for the weekend, she bought hers at the same time as me and is already 3/4 through it! But I've been too busy cooking and cleaning for her, so haven't had the same chance to delve into mine. It's calling to me, constantly, like a luscious chocolate marble fruit-laden cheesecake sitting on the kitchen counter.

(Maya Angelou)

#123819 - 07/22/07 04:54 PM Re: Harry Potter [Re: Eagle Heart]
Casey Offline

Loc: Aptos, California
I bought mine yesterday, but I'm saving it for my vacation in Montana in a few weeks. So don't tell me the ending! :-)))

#123820 - 07/22/07 04:59 PM Re: Harry Potter [Re: Casey]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Mine was delivered about 10:30 yesterday morning, and I finished it around 6:30 last night. I had already told my partner that he could expect me to be 'occupied' from the time it arrived until I was done. LOL

I won't say what I think here since there are people who haven't finished it yet.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#123821 - 07/25/07 01:20 PM I agree, Dotsie...Re: Harry Potter
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Dotsie,
Before you posted, I thought Bill O'Reilly and I were the only people in the world that didn't think Harry Potter was the most wonderful thing since "Gone With The Wind." O'Reilly is a graduate of Harvard, so I didn't think I was in all that bad of company. I read the 1st Harry Potter and wasn't impressed. I got through 1/2 of the 2nd book and never finished it. I don't get the big hoopla???
Ciao for now,
b. rose

Edited by bonnierose333 (07/25/07 06:04 PM)

#123822 - 07/26/07 11:51 AM I agree, Dotsie...Re: Harry Potter [Re: jabber]
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Loc: Sanford, Florida
I think Harry Potter is one of those things you either get into, or you don't. I have a couple of friends I share many books with, but they're not interested in Harry at all. Have read them all and am halfway thru the new one. Husband has read them all too and he'll read this one when I finish it.
The book came out in the stores last week while I was at a fishing tournament with my husband in Kentucky (we got home Mon night and I bought my copy on Tues -- $16 at Walmart which I thought was pretty reasonable!) One of the guys at the tournament bought one on his way to the tournament for his 8-year-old son that was with him. This kid was REALLY into it........he kept coming over and telling me bits and pieces and his mom kept telling him not to tell, but he was so cute, I didn't care --and he was only up to chapter 4 by the end of the tournament anyway.
The hard part is.......making myself go to the gym,cook, clean...........all I really want to do is sit down and read and see how it all ends!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved