The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 131 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#186393 - 07/13/09 01:29 PM My Sister's Keeper
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
http://www.mysisterskeepermovie.com/

I saw this movie yesterday with two sisters and my sister-in-law. I thought it was about sisters at midlife; one getting cancer and the other caring for her. I had no idea what it was about.

It was the most unbelievable movie. I'm betting it will win all kinds of awards. My gracious. It was the so emotional. Five minutes into the movie I was weeping and did so off and on throughout. I don't want to give much away, but it's pretty much about what families go thorugh when one family member is ill.

It was beautifully casted. Please visit the site to see little snippets. If you're feeling strong and don't mind being sad to witness an incredible story of family love, then go see it.

Anyone seen it yet, or read the book?

#186407 - 07/13/09 07:37 PM Re: My Sister's Keeper [Re: Dotsie]
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
I read the book and liked it allot. It was one of the first books I've read in a long time that totally caught me off guard at the end. I don't know if I want to see the movie because I am always disappointed in the movie version after reading the book. It's definitely a great read though!

#186421 - 07/13/09 11:48 PM Re: My Sister's Keeper [Re: Cookie]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
sounds like it'd be a hard movie for me to watch. I'd rather read the book.

My two older sisters are far from me and I miss them all the time. So, I'll look up the book.

#186429 - 07/14/09 12:30 AM Re: My Sister's Keeper [Re: Di]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Haven't seen the movie or read the book but noticed the little girl playing the sick older sister is the same girl who stars on the TV show MEDIUM. She is also the eldest sister of three there and does a remarkable job.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#186453 - 07/14/09 10:44 AM Re: My Sister's Keeper [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

The sisters were incredible actresses.

Cookie, my sister who read the book said the book was better. She didn't liek the way they jumped back and forth in the movie. They'd show present day, then jump back to when she was a baby, etc.

Di, it was very hard for me to stay in the theater. I wondered if I wasn't with my sisters and SIL if I would have stayed. That's how emotional I was. It's also why I don't watch many movies other than comedies.

I wouldn't sit through it again, but am glad I stuck it out because the ending was different than anticipated.

#186595 - 07/16/09 02:37 PM Re: My Sister's Keeper [Re: Dotsie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Just wondering if anyone's seen it...

#186614 - 07/16/09 10:29 PM Re: My Sister's Keeper [Re: Dotsie]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
I saw it, Dotsie. It is a good movie, but it didn't resonate with me as it did with you.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#186794 - 07/19/09 05:44 PM Re: My Sister's Keeper [Re: Saundra]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Never mind, Dotsie. It was an older Sister's Keeper movie I saw. So sorry.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#186978 - 07/22/09 07:02 PM Re: My Sister's Keeper [Re: Saundra]
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Loc: Sanford, Florida
I read the book way before the movie came out. So I knew exactly what to expect from the movie. I will tell you that there was somewhat of a big stink because they changed the ending in the movie (like Cookie, the end of the book caught me off guard). A friend of mine -- who'd also read the book and we went to see the movie together -- sent me an email link to the author's website where she asked people to PLEASE stop emailing her and asking why they'd changed the ending in the movie, she said she'd had no control over it once she'd sold them the rights to the book. We went to the movie well-supplied with Kleenex, we knew what was coming.
I think I ought to add here, that almost always, when I read a book and then see the movie, I'm disappointed in the movie, because the book was so much better when I imagined it in my own head, rather than watching someone else's version of it in a movie. But that wasn't the case this time. The movie was as good as the book, just had a different ending. I think the actresses (and the actor who played the father/husband) did a great job.

#192012 - 10/17/09 11:14 PM Re: My Sister's Keeper [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
Freelancegal Offline

Loc: Florida
I'm a little late in replying here, but as a new member, I just found this posting.

I read the book and saw the movie. The movie was very close to the book except for the ending which was drastically different. Jodi Picoult is an amazing author and her books are always engrossing and diversified in topics. She has the ability to make you empathize with all the characters, even those who are not necessarily the victims.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved