The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 57 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#35419 - 07/03/04 05:55 PM Spiritual Writing
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I notice ther seem to be some spiritual writers in the forums so I thought I'd share a book I read a year ago, or so.

Spiritual Writing, by Deborah Herman and Cynthia Black.

This book is different because it's written by a top literary agent and a woman who owns a publishing company.

There's information about being drawn to writing by the spirit, how to let it flow, and how to get your work published.

It's very educational if you are a spiritual writer who wants to get published.

It addresses the writing process, query letters, proposals, publishing houses and agents who accept this genre.

#35420 - 07/04/04 12:05 AM Re: Spiritual Writing
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Thanks, Dotsie: Will try to get it soon! You are great! God bless!

#35421 - 07/17/04 03:24 AM Re: Spiritual Writing
Songbird Offline

Dotsie: I should receive my own copy in a few days. [Cool] I can't wait!

#35422 - 07/17/04 05:01 AM Re: Spiritual Writing
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Dots, thanks for the recommendation. I've been working on my manuscript for the past year now. The graphic language in it is to show and tell the story just how it was. Since there was so much verbal and emotional abuse that caused my main character to act in the manners that she had in the past, I thought it was right.

Now, since I'm much closer to God in this endeavor, I feel guilty, like I'll be missing the readers I want to share these experiences with.

At first my intentions were to gain the 'average' reader that is searching for the lured details and the language provided by those instances.

That was until an agent peeked at some of my unfinished work. I asked her to define 'my' genre since it could have gone many directions. She said, "Christian." I was so shocked that I laughed. I laughed with friends too. We all agreed that she must not have read it right or maybe just skimmed through it.

I asked her again. She explained that my story is of a girl that grew into a wonderful woman, despite all of the trials and tribulations she'd endured.

I can't wait to get my copy too.

Sugaree

#35423 - 07/27/04 04:30 PM Re: Spiritual Writing
Songbird Offline

I got my copy this weekend [Big Grin] ! So far, so good!
Dotsie: Thanks for recommending it. Now it's part of my daily reading routine [Razz] !!!

[Cool] I've read only a few chapters, but I already know I want to recommend it to some of my friends!

#35424 - 07/28/04 07:45 AM Re: Spiritual Writing
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Songbird, so glad you're enjoying it. Lots of great advice. I've found everything written by the Herman's (either one or both) to be top-notch, chock-full of advice and inspiration. HOw do they run a huge agency and find time to write and parent thier children?

#35425 - 07/28/04 01:27 AM Re: Spiritual Writing
Toni Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Thank you, Dotsie for the book recommendation. Will check it out this week!

For those of you who would like to read a quick article on 'writing inspirational articles,' click on to my site. This month I am featuring a brief article on inspirational writing. Just click on the link below....

Hope you like it and that it helps with your writing..

#35426 - 07/28/04 02:52 AM Re: Spiritual Writing
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Checked out your site and was more than a little impressed. I may try my hand at an article. I feel my returned site to be somewhat of a miracle.....

#35427 - 07/28/04 03:23 AM Re: Spiritual Writing
Songbird Offline

Friends: let me tell you that Toni's article is neat and, yes... inspiring too! I read it a while ago, but have returned to it recently. Toni, keep up the good work! [Smile]

#35428 - 07/28/04 05:46 PM Re: Spiritual Writing
Toni Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Thank you Chatty and Songbird! So sweet of you to check out my site. Please feel free to enter our monthly contest and check out our Links page and other interesting pages....

I, too, will be checking out your sites and articles. Both of you do such interesting work!

See you in the Forums.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved