The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 109 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#214674 - 09/13/11 11:24 PM Dollywood...
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Hi guys! WB & I R RV'ing in Tennessee, Pigeon Forge 2 b exact.
Didn't have time 2 let U know B 4 this! Prayers and blessings!

#214682 - 09/14/11 12:52 AM Re: Dollywood... [Re: jabber]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Let us know what you think of it, Jabber. I drove past a lot of billboards for it, when driving to Atlanta, a few years ago, but we've never stopped.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#214687 - 09/14/11 11:32 AM Re: Dollywood... [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Anne,
This is our 3rd time here in recent years. We love it. IMHO it is next to Disney World. Every year they add on. We're parked in the middle of town and it's so beautiful here. Love it.

#214703 - 09/15/11 06:29 PM Re: Dollywood... [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Went swimming in the KOA pool yesterday and met a married couple from Kentucky. The wife said I had an accent. First time I realized I talk funny! lol...

#214705 - 09/15/11 08:27 PM Re: Dollywood... [Re: jabber]
Boomer in Chief

That IS funny! Of course, she's probably used to hearing a southern drawl.

When I was a little kid and my father was in the Army, my mother tells me she used to be able to tell who I'd been playing with that day based on what sort of accent I affected at the dinner table.

Fun memory!
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#214713 - 09/17/11 08:48 AM Re: Dollywood... [Re: Anne Holmes]
Mountain Ash Offline

We toured with a trailer every holiday and many weekends when our children were small.They mixed well with the others doing the same..both British and European and indeed like you Anne adopted a trace of accent from whoever had been their friends that day.
Scottish accents are also regional ...using phrases from their home area...always a topic of conversation too.

#214715 - 09/17/11 06:02 PM Re: Dollywood... [Re: Mountain Ash]
jabber Offline

Groovy definitely has an English accent, being from England and I understand her most of the time but many locals do not. How true it is that we incorporate from those around us! Gotta love it!

I'll bet you ladies would not believe the traffic in this town; from one end of Main Street to the other it's bumper to bumper, three lanes across in both directions. Dolly Parton is so loved and revered she has a medical center, parkway, roads, businesses, and a train named after her, to say nothing of her theme park.
Every business and restaurant is playing her CDS. Aw and it's beautiful here, nestled in the palm of the Great Smoky Mountains.

#214720 - 09/17/11 09:09 PM Re: Dollywood... [Re: jabber]
Boomer in Chief

Glad you're having a great time in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee.

I would not have expected the traffic to be that heavy on what seems to me to be a "normal" weekend.

I've only experienced traffic like that in a resort area once.

It happened about twenty years ago. Steve and I decided to take the kids to the Wisconsin Dells, WI over the 4th of July week.

We ended up renting a very pricey home right on Lake Delton (as in you could walk out a lower level door right onto the beach) because that was all that was available when we made our reservations.

The lack of rentals should have given us a clue as to how busy that town would be over the holiday weekend. The night of the 4th we planned to go to town have dinner and see the fireworks.

Again, due to not enough foreknowledge, we ended up eating on plastic chairs in the parking lot of a very nice restaurant, because we hadn't made reservations early enough.

Just getting to dinner was an experience, as the traffic was gridlocked. I might have expected gridlock in a big city, but not in this town of under 2,500 full-time residents!

Once we arrived, the food was good but the service was atrocious, and as dusk turned into darkest night before we finished dinner, we knew that we were not destined to see those fireworks, after all.

Ah well, it still made for a memorable vacation experience!
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#214729 - 09/18/11 10:41 PM Re: Dollywood... [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Anne,
You may enjoy this. We're camped next to a Pigeon Forge Town Park with a 1/2 mile paved bike trail encircling it. At one end of the park is a gazebo, and in that structure we viewed a wedding in progress. The men in the wedding party were wearing bib overalls; the women were wearing long denim dresses! It's that laid back around here. It's a huge tourist attraction here and people here as in Kissimmee, Florida, love antique vehicles. Plus, The Great Smoky National Park is awesomely fantastic! You can almost feel God's creativity, when looking at His natural scenic portraits.

#214737 - 09/19/11 08:23 PM Re: Dollywood... [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Anne,
According to my info Pigeon Forge has about 5,800 permanent residents and upwards of 50,000 can influx its population at any given time. Methinks all fifty thousand were here this past week. Goin' to the Comedy Barn tonight. Let you know how that turns out!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved