The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 133 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#40963 - 02/09/06 03:07 AM Janet Fitch - Featured Mega-Author of the Month
thespiritedwoman Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, California
Hello Boomer Writers -

On March 7th at 10 am PST, Janet Fitch of "White Oleander" fame, an Oprah's Book Club pick is speaking in a rare phone conversation interview through the new Spirited Woman Circle.

The Circle runs from March 7th through October 10, and includes such mega-authors as Fannie Flagg "Fried Green Tomatoes," and Elizabeth Forsythe Hailey, "A Woman Of Independent Means."

I'm moderating the Circle.

As sister writers - I'd really appreciate your help.

The line-up of women is absolutely fantastic. But, I must spread the word so that other women writers and women interested in books know about this golden opportunity. Do you have any suggestions on what I might do - such as newsletters, pr sites, forums, etc.? I'd REALLY APPRECIATE this.

You can check out the Spirited Woman Circle at:
http://www.thespiritedwoman.com/spirited_woman_circle/

Sign-ups are coming in, but I would like to market this in a more robust way. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

#40964 - 02/09/06 03:58 AM Re: Janet Fitch - Featured Mega-Author of the Month
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Nancy,
I tried to register for these teleseminars and could get the PayPal thing to work. Can you check on that for me and let me know? I don't want to miss this...for sure!

JJ

#40965 - 02/09/06 04:40 AM Re: Janet Fitch - Featured Mega-Author of the Month
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Nancy, nix-a on the request. It was a glitch in my giddy up...in other words, my computer. I would call it my OLD computer, but it's only two years old. Course in this day and age, THAT is obsolete...yes?

Anyway, I'm all set. Registering was a breeze!

Thanks, JJ

#40966 - 02/10/06 01:48 AM Re: Janet Fitch - Featured Mega-Author of the Month
Renee Russell Offline

Loc: Tennessee
Hi Nancy - You might try The Literary Times www.tlt.com to see if you can post this on their website/newsletter. They post a lot of interesting things there. Or also try Bookloons www.bookloons.com They might be able to post there also. Hope on eof these works for you!

Renee

#40967 - 02/10/06 02:16 AM Re: Janet Fitch - Featured Mega-Author of the Month
thespiritedwoman Offline

Thank you Renee. I had not heard of either place. I will check them out immediately.

Your help is really appreciated. Nancy

#40968 - 02/22/06 12:35 PM Re: Janet Fitch - Featured Mega-Author of the Month
thespiritedwoman Offline

Thank you Dotsie for signing up for the new Spirited Woman Circle. Just means so much.

That means that both you and JawJaw have signed up. I am tickled, delighted, and thrilled.

I'll be talkin' with you starting March 7. Wow.

Let's hear it for Spirited Woman everywhere!

#40969 - 02/22/06 07:25 PM Re: Janet Fitch - Featured Mega-Author of the Month
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I can hardly wait to talk/listen to Janet. I want to know all about the idea for the book, the movie and it's relationship to the book, and what she's doing now. Wuhooo! Can't wait.

JJ

#40970 - 02/23/06 12:58 AM Re: Janet Fitch - Featured Mega-Author of the Month
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Nancy, I'm looking forward to it. I'm always looking to learn somrthing new. I've found I learn the most from women!

#40971 - 02/24/06 04:43 AM Re: Janet Fitch - Featured Mega-Author of the Month
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Sue Silverman has given some wonderful examples of cover letters and query letters that you girls might want to read in the Featured Author forum

#40972 - 03/09/06 12:56 PM Re: Janet Fitch - Featured Mega-Author of the Month
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I just wanted to pop in and tell Nancy what a wonderful job she did on the first of her teleseminars with Janet Fitch of "White Oleander." I was amazed at how down to earth Janet is ... I mean this woman has kiss the skirt of Oprah, ya know? She took her time in answering all of our questions, and was such a lovely person to listen to! Go Janet! Devote fan for life here girlfriend...

I learned a great deal and it was refreshing not to hear the same old stuff. Don't you agree Dotsie?

Now I'm UP for the next one. Nancy, wonderful job girl. You got it going on!

JJ

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved