The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 78 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#125979 - 08/18/07 11:44 PM more is better in marketing, or less
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hello book authors and others, I have another question: My NEW site is being developed by Boeschel Creative, and they are doing a great job. It's almost ready to go live. Here is my question: in marketing, promotions, and seeking speaking/interview engagements, does an author/speaker put EVERY event she's ever done on her site, or a sampling? Does a live TV appearance hold more weight than, say, an independent book store appearance? Dotsie, in another forum you mentioned the designer of your BWS/NABBW products. Who was that? If there is anyone you recommend who is an expert at marketing, promoting of authors/speakers, please let me know. Thanks for any responses, L, PL

#125980 - 08/19/07 05:28 PM Re: more is better in marketing, or less [Re: Princess Lenora]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Great questions Princess. I'm curious what answers you get.

By the way just want to add how bad I feel for you that the realestate market is so down in the dumps. It's terrible what control banks have over so many people's lives. Hope you can sit out the crisis, and that it will recover fast.

Hannelore

#125981 - 08/21/07 05:32 PM Re: more is better in marketing, or less [Re: Edelweiss]
Princess Lenora Offline

Hannelore, I haven't received any responses re: marketing, but Chatty let us know about a site book marketing networking. I had a real estate class taught by our firm's lawyer. He mentioned Germany as having a steady market with good funds. I hope that is your experience! What is the status of your book? How do you plan to market?

#125982 - 08/22/07 02:37 AM Re: more is better in marketing, or less [Re: Princess Lenora]
Princess Lenora Offline

On the topic of marketing books, has anyone created a book trailer yet? If so, what do you think, where can we view it, and how did you make it?

#125983 - 08/23/07 12:21 AM Re: more is better in marketing, or less [Re: Princess Lenora]
Lavinia Offline

Loc: Pacific Northwest
John (I think) Kremer is of course, the book marketing guru. He has a fairly new book marketing site. It is designed for just such questions as yours. He has a fabulous book, 1001 Ways to Market Your Book. The Frugal Book Promoter is also a good one.

I am not as far along as you are in this book publishing business, but I have done a lot of research. And I know what I like too. Some sites are so darned busy-looking that they are not engaging at all. My own personal preference would be to use a few carefully chosen PR pieces and highlight those. As far as which holds the most weight, I wouldn't discount the seemingly smaller opportunities like independent bookstores. Again, I'd go for a sampling.

Sounds like you are well on your way. Perhaps when I get a publisher, you can give me some advice.

Karen

My blog is called, "Write Now." You can find it here; http://karenlalaniz.blogspot.com

#125984 - 08/23/07 02:23 AM Re: more is better in marketing, or less [Re: Lavinia]
Princess Lenora Offline

Hi Karen, thanks for the response, and welcome to BWS. I am really pleased with the new look of my site, done by the same creative web designer that does BWS. So far the site does not look too busy. I want it to look like I am the sought after author/speaker. I'd be glad to let you know what I learned re: publishing. I think that Carolyn Johnson Howard who wrote the Frugal Book Promoter was a featured author here at BWS. Her interview is probably in the archives here! Thanks a bunch, PL

#125985 - 08/23/07 02:35 PM Re: more is better in marketing, or less [Re: Princess Lenora]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Lavinia, John Kremer's information is very good.

Welcome Karen. I hope you'll stick around adn we'll see you in ohter forums too.

Michelle at Boschelcreative.com designs everything for me, but Kristine Lewis had printed my most recent pieces. She's a member of the NABBW. Please tell her I sent you.

#125986 - 08/23/07 03:01 PM Re: more is better in marketing, or less
Princess Lenora Offline

Dotsie, there is a lot of buzz about "branding." Your team has certainly done that by coordinating print material and on line material! Your "branding" has an upbeat appearance and "feel" to it! It is all very nicely done. I always meant to tell you that.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved