The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 86 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#144032 - 03/03/08 10:35 PM Favorite Concert Memory - $100.00
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Favorite Concert Memories

I recently attended Rain: The Beatle's Experience. If this show comes to your town, see it! The walk down memory lane was exhilarating. Being amidst all the hair dye, highlights, gray hair, and balding men tickled and energized me. Stiff, conservative men in their button down, oxford shirts were belting out lyrics and chair dancing like I've never seen before. This was my generation at midlife acting just like we did as teens. I was feeling more groovy than I had in years.

Flashbacks to the Ed Sullivan show, men walking on the moon, Prell commercials, the white album, flower power, peace signs and so much more rushed through my mind. For two hours, I was stuck in the 60s. It was a trip.

So I got to thinking... how about a contest that takes us back to the good old days of dancing and screaming at concerts...

Here's the contest. You have 500 words to tell us your favorite concert memory. Lay it on us. Knock yourself out. Take us back. Who were you with, what were you wearing, and what music were you jammin' to?

Submissions should be written in a Word document and sent as an attachment to contest@nabbw.com with FAVORITE CONCERT MEMORY in the subject line.

Deadline - April 15th

PRIZE MONEY - $100.00 and F-R-E-E membership or renewal in the National Association of Baby Boomer Women. Plus your story will be placed in the Our Voices section at www.boomerwomenspeak.com. Please make sure to include your name, email address, and short bio at the top of your entry NOT in the body of the email.

Good luck!

#144033 - 03/04/08 12:09 AM Re: Favorite Concert Memory - $100.00
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Gosh I finally have a GREAT story to tell, but sadly I cannot write worth a flip. Will it be judged according to grammar or way too many "I"'s and "and thens"?

By what criteria will it be judged?

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved