The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 192 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#214280 - 08/09/11 07:27 PM TONIGHT: "Best Free Online Resources for Authors"
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
NABBW is hosting a teleseminar this evening, which - as usual - is free and open to the public.

The topic will be of interest to writers and those who wannabe a writer.

I am interviewing NABBW's Entrepreneurial Authoring Expert Ronda Del Boccio on "Best Free Online Resources for Authors"

Here's the link to listen in via your computer, Skype and or your phone: Best Free Resources for Authors

We want this to be an interactive call, with listeners having time to ask questions AND share their favorite free resources and tools.

This call is all about tapping into the best free resources for writers - from publishing to freelance jobs to book promotion and motivational tools. At minimum we will be covering tools related to:

* Free self-promotion
* Writing prompts
* Reference sources for writers
* Places to publish
* Freelance job boards
* Writers forums
* And more

Hope all of you writers can make the call!
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#214290 - 08/10/11 07:14 PM Re: TONIGHT: "Best Free Online Resources for Authors" [Re: Anne Holmes]
Boomer in Chief

As usual, Ronda was full of information, and we also had input from NABBW member Carolyn Howard-Johnson, who is just publishing the second edition of her book, "The Frugal Book Promoter: How to G...Publisher"

This book is available on Amazon or as a Kindle download.

Hope many of you were able to be on the call!
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#214328 - 08/14/11 06:28 AM Re: TONIGHT: "Best Free Online Resources for Authors" [Re: Anne Holmes]
Sandy N. Offline

Loc: Washington State
Sorry I missed the seminar. It sounds like it was a good one. I was on a retreat at the ocean with three writing friends on the 9th. We had a great time and accomplished a lot too. I'll look into Ronda's book.

#214337 - 08/15/11 02:03 AM Re: TONIGHT: "Best Free Online Resources for Authors" [Re: Sandy N.]
Boomer in Chief

Love the sound of a retreat at the ocean... Best I could do this weekend was a hotel overlooking Lake Michigan. IT can look like the ocean -- when you can't see the far shore... And, we had sunshine as well as rain, so lovely storm clouds over the Lake at times... And big waves. It was fun to see all the fisherman. Apparently many of them were fishing for salmon. Who knew?
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#214341 - 08/15/11 03:47 PM Re: TONIGHT: "Best Free Online Resources for Authors" [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Anne,
So you had fun at the wedding? Did you wear a pants suit or a silky type dress? Did everything go okay for the couple?

#214342 - 08/15/11 04:36 PM Re: TONIGHT: "Best Free Online Resources for Authors" [Re: jabber]
Boomer in Chief

Hi Jabber,

I did have a very nice time at the wedding. I'll write about it here in the "Marriage" section, to keep our topics from going too far astray.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#214348 - 08/15/11 07:49 PM Re: TONIGHT: "Best Free Online Resources for Authors" [Re: Anne Holmes]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I never knew there were salmon in Lake Michigan and I lived most of my life in Indiana/Illinois. We never caught anything but perch in Lake Michigan.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#214351 - 08/15/11 08:26 PM Re: TONIGHT: "Best Free Online Resources for Authors" [Re: chatty lady]
Boomer in Chief

Hi Chatty,

Again, we are talking about this in the wrong section. but I'll be quick, and then if anyone wants to follow up on this, we can move to another discussion area.

I didn't know there were salmon in Lake Michigan either. But apparently there are two kinds found there: coho and chinook. Here's a link: Lake Michigan Angler
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved