The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 189 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#40914 - 02/26/06 08:40 AM have you been in a writing group?
Kelly L. Adams Stone Offline

Loc: Florida
Hello everyone,

I'm writing an article about what makes a writing group effective and what makes it ineffective. I'm looking for feedback on both sides of the coin.

If you'd like to contribute comments to the article, which will be published in a national magazine, please email me directly at kelly@kellylstone.com

Thanks,
Kelly

#40915 - 02/26/06 03:59 AM Re: have you been in a writing group?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I forwarded your request to the President of my writers group and asked she send an email to the group, most are published Authors...should be able to get some good feedback....

#40916 - 02/26/06 04:33 AM Re: have you been in a writing group?
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I founded a critique group called the Writers of the Purple Page about fifteen years ago. (The name came about one evening after too much wine, but it stuck) I and all the surviving original members are still involved. Our oldest member passed away at 91, a week after his last article was published.

Our only rule has always been that we have NO rules. It's kind of like our Declaration of Independence. Lots of people want to join, but we pretty much limit new members to people we like. New people always want to make rules, so we have to declare our independence all over again.

Everyone in the group is a published author and we have several books in which we are credited.

smile

[ March 02, 2006, 11:32 AM: Message edited by: smilinize ]

#40917 - 02/26/06 05:23 PM Re: have you been in a writing group?

Thanks to both of you, ladies. Chatty, several folks from that group have contacted me with some great feedback already. I appreciate it.

Kelly

#40918 - 02/26/06 07:45 PM Re: have you been in a writing group?
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Kelly, I was involved in a writing group until I began working nights. It was a good group, but they only wanted fiction writers, published or not. They allowed me in with my non-fiction book only for the purpose of looking at my book proposal. After that I had to submit fiction of any length. I found them supportive, fun, straightforward, attentive, and no-holds barred on critiques. We met at the local library. The library was closed on one of our meeting nights, which was not an option. We met at the home of our "leader" and continued our work. They are a dedicated group and I miss them. Saundra

#40919 - 02/27/06 05:14 AM Re: have you been in a writing group?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Oh thats great Kelly, I knew they would its a great group of professionals....I have to say that for me most of my best advice, critiques and habits were formed after joining my writers group...Plus in the beginning of my writing I was an avid reader and literally digested every book I could find. Now I do critiques, book reviews and editing myself, I have also been asked to help write several forwards for books. I can't imagine not being part of a group.

#40920 - 03/02/06 04:49 PM Re: have you been in a writing group?

Thanks again everybody. I got a lot of responses. I appreciate it.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved