The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 132 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#40866 - 03/14/06 02:59 AM A Chance to Chat with NPR's "Beyond Words" Host - Frances Halpern
thespiritedwoman Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, California
Hello My Many Writer Friends -

Most of you know me by now (I hope!). I'm Nancy Mills and I teach the Spirited Woman Workshop across the country and I recently began moderating the Spirited Woman Circle - which is this powerful 1-hour phone conversation series with famous women authors and actresses. Our first call was with Janet Fitch of "White Oleander" fame - and the call was a great success.

Our second Spirited Woman Circle conversation is on April 4 with Frances Halpern, the host of NPR's popular "Beyond Words" radio show. Authors and wordsmith across the country kill to get on Frances's show. The woman is a dynamo!

Frances has never done a teleseminar before, and in her conversation she will talk about how she went from radio guest to popular host, what makes an author interesting, the best way to get on a radio show, how to promote your book, and more.

In the second half of the call you'll be able to ask Frances questions about your book, your writing, and more.

As a fellow writer - and from my heart, I urge you to sign-up for France's call. She has so much insightful information to offer. To sign-up and to learn more about the series, go to http://www.TheSpiritedWoman.com/spirited_woman_circle/

Both Dotsie and Miss Georgia Richardson (of BWS and "JawJaw" Queendom fame) have signed up for the whole 8-part series - and they were both on Janet Fitch's call. Here's what Georgia wrote as a thank you to me after the call. She's amazing.

"Simply THANK YOU. It was excellent. After I take care of some business, I'll go into BWS and sing your praises. Very nicely done. Very professional. And I'm VERY happy I joined. No regrets here. The one thing that was such a pleasant surprise to both Dotsie and myself was how REAL Janet (look at me, calling her by her first name!) was. We loved that about her. Add us to her groupie list!"

That's the whole point of this series. It's an "up close & personal" chance to chat with women you might never have a chance to meet. I look forward to you joining us.

All my best,

#40867 - 03/15/06 08:15 AM Re: A Chance to Chat with NPR's "Beyond Words" Host - Frances Halpern
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Nancy, thanks for posting this.

I was on the call and it was delightful, inspirational and educational.

I can't wait for the next one.

#40868 - 03/14/06 09:29 PM Re: A Chance to Chat with NPR's "Beyond Words" Host - Frances Halpern
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Can you explain to me how a teleseminar works? Do you call a number or what?

#40869 - 03/14/06 11:06 PM Re: A Chance to Chat with NPR's "Beyond Words" Host - Frances Halpern
thespiritedwoman Offline

A teleseminar works this way. You call a "bridge" phone line - which means many women can get on the call at the same time.

The caller, which is you, pays for any long-distance charges from your area code. But, there are many 1 cent a minute calling plans these days and great phone plans.

Some teleseminars are free in terms of a registration fee. Our teleseminar is only $15 - which must be paid in advance.

Women from all over the country join in the call. It is great fun and a wonderful way to communicate.

I hope this helps you Dianne. I'd love to have you join us.

Best,

#40870 - 03/15/06 12:17 AM Re: A Chance to Chat with NPR's "Beyond Words" Host - Frances Halpern
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Thank You, Nancy.

I think I might join.

#40871 - 03/15/06 01:56 AM Re: A Chance to Chat with NPR's "Beyond Words" Host - Frances Halpern
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Yes, Dotsie, it was informative and I loved it. As I said, no regrets here. Nancy does a good job as hostess with the mostees as my kids use to say.

Course she should...I taught her everything she knows....what? Oh peeshaw...would I lie?

Okay, okay...good grief...tough room.

JJ [Big Grin]

#40872 - 03/16/06 02:03 AM Re: A Chance to Chat with NPR's "Beyond Words" Host - Frances Halpern
thespiritedwoman Offline

Yes....Georgia...if truth be told...you lie through your queenly teeth. Any fool knows that a spirited woman stands ABOVE a queen anyday on the throne.

I'm now going to tell my mother that you taught me everything I know. Oh-ma-god (is that how they say it in Alabama?) she is going to be upset.

Chat with you on April 4 - and you know what? I can't wait.

Best, Nancy

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved