The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 161 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#182254 - 05/15/09 01:24 PM FANTASTIC WRITING CONFERENCE FOR WOMEN
65rosesauthor Offline

I am writing to tell you about a magnificent opportunity for women writers. The International Women's Writing Guild was founded 30 years ago by Holocaust survivor Hannelore Hahn. In that time, it has been responsible for transforming thousands of women's lives through the act and art of writing. It values women's personal storytelling like few other writing organizations. Over 4,000 women have become published authors through the Guild.

Registrations are still available for our week long annual "Remember the Magic" summer writing conference which begins with a tribute to Anne Frank on June 12th. True magic happens there for women who have a story to tell, or want to use writing as a tool for personal growth and empowerment. ( I've been going for 25 years, and I owe my transformation as a woman and a writer largely to the Guild and the summer conference at Skidmore College in beautiful Saratoga Springs, New York. ) It's about $1000 7 days all inclusive for a single room, 3 gourmet meals daily, and a choice of 75 fantastic workshops in fiction, poetry, memoir and related subjects - an incredible value! They also offer weekend and 5 day packages. It is open to all women without portfolio, and writers of every level of skill, age and background attend. I have seen many women change their lives there. Come and start the book you've always wanted to write, find out how to publish the one you've written, find "sisters in writing" to nurture and support you, and experience the joy of unparalled support in your writing endeavours!

For more info go to www.iwwg.com

With blessings,

Heather Summerhayes Cariou
www.sixtyfiverosesthebook.com

#182256 - 05/15/09 01:28 PM Re: FANTASTIC WRITING CONFERENCE FOR WOMEN [Re: 65rosesauthor]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Ladies, Heather is a member of the NABBW. Yuhoooo! Hi there Heather!

Also, for those of you who would love to attend a conference such as this, but don't have the funds, remember...you can always write to the "powers that be" and ask them if there are special scholarships to the conferences. Now they may not call them scholarships; the title of it may be a grant, sponsorship, or whatever, but most large conferences, and even some small ones, have money set aside specifically to help someone attend that doesn't have the money.

Just a thought...

#182337 - 05/16/09 10:59 AM Re: FANTASTIC WRITING CONFERENCE FOR WOMEN [Re: jawjaw]
Alice Offline

Loc: Michigan
I'd sure love to attend, but am financially embarrassed (LOL)....who would I write to?

Love, Alice

#182339 - 05/16/09 12:52 PM Re: FANTASTIC WRITING CONFERENCE FOR WOMEN [Re: Alice]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Girl, I hear you....same here. I would love to attend but I have to eat this month. LOL!

Why not try writing to the addy that's given on the Web page. They can't eat you, all they can do is say no. You know? It's worth a shot and many of these conferences have funds set aside just for this. Here is the address I saw with a email provided. The woman's name is Hannelore Hahn:

The International Women's Writing Guild
P.O. Box 810, Gracie Station
New York, NY 10028-0082
Tel: (212)737-7536/Fax:(212)737-9469
dirhahn@iwwg.org

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved