The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 86 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#43354 - 07/18/05 03:43 AM Breaking records!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Well today here in Neveda we peeked at 116* and boy is it hot!! Even with my air-conditioner on at full blast its 80* in the house. I guess the record is 118* so we're getting there. The pool is no help because the water feels like bathtub water. In the winter we are at maybe 50* and so luckiy but then theres the summer with this kind of heat. Warnings out for the elderly and very young to be careful. My 3 friends and I are on a list and have visited some seniors living alone to make sure they are alright and run the air. I take them boxes of popsicles. I don't know whats worse extreme cold or severe heat? been in both and I think the cold is worse, any opinions?

#43355 - 07/18/05 04:14 AM Re: Breaking records!
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
116, Wow, I can't even imagine that. We get hot here too but I've never seen it that hot! We are usually around 95 at the hottest. The local radio station gives away cold beer if the temp gets to 96. That's there number on the dial.

I prefer the heat over the cold any day, but that kind of heat is awful.

Chatty, Please be careful and take care of yourself. Maybe a cold shower will help?

#43356 - 07/18/05 04:23 AM Re: Breaking records!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Oh say I was not complaining for myself, I am quite comfortable compared to others. I was just mentioning the terrible heat which is unusual even for here. I have jumped in the shower several times a day, always cold and it feels good. My house is full! I brought home 6 cats/kittens and 3 dogs because the air went out at the shelter. There is an emergency crew working on it as we speak. I also have several ladies coming over soon that have no air in their homes and no family member to help out. I told them it would be a pajama party and made a fridge full of cooling snacks. Should be fun.. [Big Grin] If I knew who invented air-conditioning I'd kiss him right on the lips. lol

[ July 17, 2005, 09:25 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#43357 - 07/18/05 06:25 AM Re: Breaking records!
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Chatty wrote "If I knew who invented air-conditioning I'd kiss him right on the lips. lol" I think it was a HER who invented AC because SHE was cooking over a hot stove, wringing sheets, bathing kids in a steaming bathroom, fetching the water from the well in the heat...LLL

#43358 - 07/18/05 05:20 PM Re: Breaking records!
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I remember when it reached 125 in Phoenix. It was horrible. Sucked the air out of your lungs.

Chatty, I wish I lived by you. I'd come over for the pajama party!

#43359 - 07/18/05 06:06 PM Re: Breaking records!
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
125!!!!!!!
How do people live through that!
I wish I could come to the PJ party too! I'm betting those are some pretty delicious snacks!

#43360 - 07/18/05 06:22 PM Re: Breaking records!
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
A tidbit of info...The recognized 'father of air conditioning' is Willis Haviland Carrier.

In 1902, only one year after Willis Haviland Carrier graduated from Cornell University with a Masters in Engineering, the first air (temperature and humidity) conditioning was in operation, making one Brooklyn printing plant owner very happy. Fluctuations in heat and humidity in his plant had caused the dimensions of the printing paper to keep altering slightly, enough to ensure a misalignment of the colored inks. The new air conditioning machine created a stable environment and aligned four-color printing became possible. All thanks to the new employee at the Buffalo Forge Company, who started on a salary of only $10.00 per week.

Ladies, I'll bet when his dear wife heard about this, she told him to bring it on home to Hot Momma. Cool!

chick

#43361 - 07/19/05 07:00 AM Re: Breaking records!
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Hey I'm with Chatty. I say we all find that Carrier guy and KISS him on the LIPS. Who cares if he's dead.

At least he'll be COOL!

smile

#43362 - 07/18/05 09:18 PM Re: Breaking records!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Oh yuk Smile but at least its not a woman. I do kiss women just not on the lips...Oh and I made the ladies my grapes and they ate two trays full. All three are over 75 and we are having a riot, they are so cute...Dianne and all of you would be welcome at my home. I choose my friends and guests wisely...come on down, yu'all hear, LOL [Big Grin]

#43363 - 07/18/05 09:20 PM Re: Breaking records!
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
For me, I think I'd much prefer the heat than the cold. Just so long as there's air conditioning.

Chatty, you're a doll for helping out those seniors and the kitties and doggies.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved