The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 128 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#43528 - 03/14/04 11:05 PM Chocolate
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Awhile back I told you about a friend that came to see me bringing her sick grandchild along. I caught the cold this child had and have been quite ill for several weeks now, coughing, headaches, sneezing, unable to eat, my taste buds were dead. For a several days now I have been on the mend, less nasty symptoms and my taste buds were coming back so alittle chicken soup was a culinary delight. Today my son came by and brought me a tiny box (4 pieces) of Godiva chocolates. I just finished eating one and ladies I have to tell you, the pleasure my mouth got was as close to being decadent as possible. The taste was tintillating, warm, creamy and so CHOCOLATE. I never remember enjoying the flavor quite that much before. Do you just love chocolate? Whats your best memory of eating chocolate and who gave it to you for what, please share..... [Razz]

#43529 - 03/15/04 12:19 AM Re: Chocolate
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I too am a chocolate nut...one time a guy I dated gave me a very large Elvis tin filled with chocolates...on Valentine's Day. It was a limited edition Elvis tin & when you opened it, Elvis belted out "Blue Suede Shoes" Well, I was on a diet at the time and said I was going to eat a piece only every once in a while...right?

Well...everytime I tried to sneak out a piece...you got it, he sang out. Loud. I was busted everytime. Couldn't take out the batter either...Finally, I let him sing one day till it ran the battery completely down...hey, this ain't just another pretty face! Ahhh...Chocolate in peace and quite after that.

#43530 - 03/17/04 03:52 AM Re: Chocolate
chatty lady Offline
Writer

JawJaw, thats so cool...busted by a tin can, LOL I think everyone, well almost everyone loves chocolate. For me it was don't stand between me and chocolate while on my period. Chocolate and ice cold milk. I was llike a junkie for the stuff..Come on ladies lets share here. [Frown]

#43531 - 03/17/04 05:51 AM Re: Chocolate
Candice Johnson Offline

Loc: Alexandria, VA
I am a HUGE chocolate lover. I get this from my Dad. There is anything Chocolate him or I have seen that we haven't like. I am trying really hard to remembe rthe best chocolate experience I've ever had or my favorite chocolate, but I love them all. Godiva are very very good. My mother in law always brings me back these huge chocalte covered pretzels from DIney World. They're shaped like Mickey Mouse ears.

Here are some of personal faves:

There are these local (Baltimore) ccokies. I call them berger cookies. They are some kind of sugar shortbread cookie with about an inch of chocalte icing on top. I mean, the chocolate cake kind of icing. I'm almost ready to drive the hour and half it would take for we to get to a High's (like a 7-11 or other pit stop place) just to get a box.

A ice cream parlor in Bethesda, MD called Bob's Famous ice creamhas a CHocalteOrange CHip icecream. It's homemade and I have no idea how they make it taste like those chocalate oranges.

I love chocolate and peanut butter and those peanut butter cup ice ream dessesrt at Pizzeria Uno's are da bomb. Uno's is chicago pizzeria restaraunt. Eveything there is probably about as fattening as you can get, but it's so worth it.

I could go on and on about chocolate, but I'll leave with these three sweet dreams.

#43532 - 03/17/04 10:09 PM Re: Chocolate
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Thanks to Candice and Jaw Jaw for sharing. Candice that chocolate orange sounded too good. I use to live in College Park, MD and worked in Washington, DC at The Washington Times Newspaper and right down the street from the college they sold Jelly beans/Pocorn of ALL flavors. Ever tasted chocolate popcorn? Its decadent and hard to eat just one, haha. So I guess none of the other women in this Forum like or eat chocolate, how SAD for them. And to the lamb lady, even a hershey bar can be a real treat. Well anyhow, sweets to the sweet. [Wink]

#43533 - 03/18/04 09:41 PM Re: Chocolate
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I love chocolate! I think someofmy favorite chocolate memories are from childhood Halloweens.

After spending the afternooons and evenings going door to door, my sisters, brother and I would dump all the candy on the floor, sort it,and trade! Makes me smile just thinking about it. None of us ever ended up with all the chocolate because all of us liked it, but we did have favorite candy bars we'de trade around! [Big Grin]

#43534 - 03/18/04 10:08 PM Re: Chocolate
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Isn't chocolate one of the necessary food groups? It is for me!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

My mom is in town for a visit, and we just went to the mall. She asked if there was a See's Candy store in the mall. I said, "no, but there's a Godiva's."

She never had Godiva's before so we went in. Of course, there were chocolate covered strawberries in the window.. YUMMMMMMM!!! HUGE strawberries!!!

My mom picked out about a half a pound or so of chocolates... then saved them until we got home. She took one bite, I looked at her and said, "Worth $35 a pound?" She just rolled her eyes, sunk into the chocolate and moaned. I knew she was hooked!

My daughter saw the Godiva bag and knew I didn't get any (I'm supposed to be on a diet, remember?)and wasn't quite sure how to approach her Grandma about sharing !! [Wink] [Wink]

Chocolate fixes everything!

#43535 - 03/19/04 12:06 AM Re: Chocolate
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
A few years ago, I was in a small town in Stitzerland. They had a whole chocolate section. Nothing but chocolate shops one after the other.
They had small tables where you could sit and drink all kinds of chocolate drinks and eat chocolate in every form imaginable.
I brought some candy home and savored it one piece at a time for about a year.
A friend went back there and brought me some more and it was nice, but nothing ever quite compared to the chocolate I had there and what I brought home.

I guess it was flavored with memories.
smile

#43536 - 03/19/04 03:13 AM Re: Chocolate
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I gotta add that I've never been lucky enough to visit there, but a guy from work brought me some back from Switzerland...I have to say, it was better than Godiva...no joke. Talk about something melting in your mouth and speaking to all your senses...it did.

#43537 - 03/19/04 04:54 AM Re: Chocolate
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
two words:

DARK CHOCOLATE [Big Grin]

no particular memories.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved