The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 57 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#153664 - 07/17/08 11:32 AM Friends/loved ones appear in dreams?
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Loc: Sanford, Florida
Not sure what forum to post this under.....

Do any of your friends or loved ones who have passed on, appear to you in your dreams? And if they do.......do you wake up wondering if they're trying to tell you something, and just what exactly the message is, if it wasn't clear in the dream?

This has happened to me before.....my dad, who passed away many years ago, pops into my dreams now and then. But last night my brother-in-law who passed away almost exactly a year ago was in my dream.......asking about how my husband (his brother) was doing, and then telling me we needed to go to the auto parts store to pick up a part for BIL's car.........which would be very typical of him.

I could take it as he was on my mind since it's almost exactly a year since his passing, and he was much loved by everyone who knew him. But I'd rather think it was his spirit just coming to check in with us.

#153665 - 07/17/08 03:12 PM Re: Friends/loved ones appear in dreams? [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
What a nice thought that our loved ones would visit us and give us comfort. I'm not sure if this is what happens, but I do love the thought of it.

#153666 - 07/17/08 05:25 PM Re: Friends/loved ones appear in dreams? [Re: jawjaw]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
After my father died, I remember waking up from a deep sleep because I dreamt him calling my name. It was his voice, so loud and clear that I awoke from it. It shook me up every time. But I believe these things are embedded in our subconscious memories, and come out when sleeping.

#153668 - 07/17/08 09:53 PM Re: Friends/loved ones appear in dreams? [Re: ]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Once in awhile I'll have a dream about Mamaw...I realize that when my life is ontrack and I'm really happy, I don't dream about her...when I am having problems or sad, that's when I dream of her...not surprising.

#153669 - 07/17/08 11:55 PM Re: Friends/loved ones appear in dreams? [Re: Dee]
keyholes Offline

Loc: Ohio the heart of it all
Sometimes I dream of my dad, it's usually silly stuff...like silly little things he did that were funny (like a dance he did or chuckle he had). It's usually a cheerful little thing to me...my dad's been gone 23 years this Labor Day too.

Also have had a few pleasant dreams about my ex's grandmother. I loved that woman to pieces. I sometimes dream of her and coffee (she always had a pot going). She's been gone now about 5-6 years and I was with her when she passed. She was such a happy woman despite a lot of troubles in her life and died with a beautiful smile. That's the smile I see on her when she passes through my dreams...it's really rather comforting.

#153670 - 07/19/08 01:30 PM Re: Friends/loved ones appear in dreams? [Re: keyholes]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
keyholes, what do you think made her so happy? Just wondering. I like to ask that when I hear people speak of others that are happy.

I rarely remember dreams at all. I've dreamt of Mom once, maybe twice since she's been gone and that was 2001. I wish I'd dream about her. Maybe now that I've mentioned it, I will.

#153671 - 07/19/08 06:11 PM Re: Friends/loved ones appear in dreams?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Its funny but I dream about my second husband that has passed on but not the first. Of course with the first we were so young and married just five years. With my second we were both mature and married fourteen years, and we were inseperable... Sometimes he talks to me in a dream and gives me the answer to a question I have been pondering.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#153672 - 07/20/08 01:48 AM Re: Friends/loved ones appear in dreams?
keyholes Offline

Loc: Ohio the heart of it all
Dotsie, I knew this woman for YEARS and I really have no answer. My ex and I grew up in the same neighborhood and his grandmother lived down the street from my folks. I can't pinpoint any specific reason why she was always happy. By that I don't mean she was always laughing or never sad or upset, but that she was always calm and content. Never, ever had a bad word to say about anyone. She also had a very deep belief in God that was unshakable and was probably the most charitable person I had ever known. I do believe that when she passed, she believed she was going "home." That might sound hokey in this day and age, but her faith was strong.

Edited by keyholes (07/20/08 01:49 AM)

#153673 - 07/21/08 02:55 PM Re: Friends/loved ones appear in dreams? [Re: keyholes]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I'm guessing it was her faith that made her content and calm. And I don't think it's holey at all for her to know she was going home. When Mom was dying, knowing she was going home, gave me so much more peace.

Thanks for answering.

#153674 - 07/21/08 05:06 PM Re: Friends/loved ones appear in dreams?
gims Offline

Loc: USA
I think it's more than something embedded in our unconscious mind. I truly think there is something more. Dreams are one of the tools we've been given through which to communicate, purge, think through and solve problems, find meaning, etc. One time I had a dream where my mom (still living) called my name. It was so clear and REAL. Come to find out, she had been praying for a particular problem I was having at that time. When I told her about it, and she shared she was praying for me, it caused her to recall a time when she heard her mom's name in her early married days. Behind her dream, she thinks, was the fact that a neighbor (a friend of my grandmother) was being murdered... right across the street from my mom. I can't remember if my grandmother lived with her at the time, or what the connection was, but Mother made it seem logical that she heard my grandmother call her name in her dream. I've had other "coincidences," if you will. Too many to write them off.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved