The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 48 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#185109 - 06/24/09 09:12 PM Have you been to NABBW recently?
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hi, I was doing a web search for articles on baby boomer women in business, when I had an AHA Moment. I went to NABBW, and found the mother load of articles! I just want to say that amongst our BWS sisters, we have smart, funny, articulate, and prolific writers on every topic at NABBW. Thanks to Dotsie for considering nearly our every need. I have a question: if you have a product and/or service, when you do decide to outsource? For example, I spend more time tending to my site and blog than actually writing/posting new articles. And I spend way more time cleaning the house than I do on my passions, such as art. I think I am holding on to old attitudes that were given to me. As a kid, I had to do my chores before I could play. I'm having another AHA moment, which is that there comes a time when no one is watching anymore. You can play, and then do your chores. Any comments?

#185149 - 06/25/09 01:49 PM Re: Have you been to NABBW recently? [Re: Princess Lenora]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Princess, thank you kindly for pointing out the wealth of info on Dotsie's NABBW site. I think you are right in that sometimes we forget that taking the time to read what others have to say can be nurturing and that we don't have to wait until it's "playtime" to do so.

I'm guilty of that as well. I'll visit a site that I love and bookmark it with the thought, "Now when I'm through working, I'll go back and visit and read." Truth is, the sites I normally visit could have an impact on work, so why not read them then? Duh?

But in all seriousness, on the NABBW site there are not only great articles under each ASSOCIATE listed on the left-hand side of the page, but there are MEMBER ARTICLES that you can read and they are "how to" for the most part...and others are just downright inspirational and motivating. Please DO take some time and read over some of them.

Make your playing experience a learning experience...and your learning experience a playing experience.

JJ

#185172 - 06/25/09 06:20 PM Re: Have you been to NABBW recently? [Re: jawjaw]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hi. When I'm sitting at my computer all day, it appears that I may not be working, when in fact, one thing leads to another, and I've gathered a lot of "food for thought."
So, yes, reading the articles is a learning experience!

#185313 - 06/27/09 09:14 AM Re: Have you been to NABBW recently? [Re: Princess Lenora]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Computers can snatch up your time, but I learn so much while I'm online. Lynn, think of it as your work and maybe you'll feel better about it!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved