The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 136 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#211368 - 03/04/11 12:38 AM Giving of yourself
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I have several friends who have had major challenges this last year and I made sure I visited them often taking desserts and other goodies. My one friend said, she was even too weak to open a can of soup. Sometimes when the hospital stay has ended friends forget to continue to show support with some of their time. It really is the little things that count. Love and laughter truly are the best medicines...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#211401 - 03/05/11 06:12 PM Re: Giving of yourself [Re: chatty lady]
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
I totally agree Chatty. Many times people do think that once their friend, loved ones, go home they no longer need companionship or help. Good for you for being the best of friends.
www.tidedancer.com

#211611 - 03/19/11 07:10 PM Re: Giving of yourself [Re: Sandpiper]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
I couldn't agree more with both you ladies!

#211619 - 03/20/11 02:41 PM Re: Giving of yourself [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Sometimes it's difficult to know what to do. I've a dear, dear
friend currently in Intensive Care. She was in Critical Care
before we went on vacation. Was put in a regular room for a week and then passed out and was put back in ICU. Doctors' don't know
what's wrong with her. They think she has some rare thing,
called, "Glucagonoma"; but they're not sure. The USA has only
had 200 cases of this illness since 1942. But 1 symptom doesn't jive with what her hubby told me. So I don't know if it's
really that or not. I'm always asking you gals to pray. This friend is a retired school teacher; she's 5 years younger than I. I'd appreciate you adding [Pat] to your prayer lists. God bless and thank you!

#211627 - 03/21/11 02:11 PM Re: Giving of yourself [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

I put the above post in "giving of yourself" because I don't know how to deal with this particular situation. The gal has enough problems. Can't visit ICU, it's for family. She's too sick to enjoy cards and they don't deliver those in that unit anyhow. Her hubby is beside himself; but if I pay him a lot of attention, people might talk. Don't want that. So I pray!

Edited by jabber (03/21/11 02:12 PM)

#211649 - 03/21/11 10:14 PM Re: Giving of yourself [Re: jabber]
Ellemm Offline

I think Chatty is right. Even more, the time after the hospital stay is when your friendship is needed. I was really, really sick a few years ago. The last thing I would have wanted or could have tolerated was visitors, no matter how well-meaning they might have been. I really don't go visit much in hospitals for that reason.

I was so grateful, though, for the people who brought food when I got home because I couldn't even walk. Their containers of soups and breads were beyond wonderful.

#213377 - 06/11/11 11:03 PM Re: Giving of yourself [Re: Ellemm]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I appreciate nothing more since growing older than better than average health. I see the difference when someone is ill, how difficult life becomes for them. Prayer always seems tro help!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved