The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 92 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#43207 - 09/24/05 01:26 PM Husband and best friend, Best medicine!
Junebug Offline

Loc: 10 yrs in OH now, 47 yrs in Tx
In August of 2002, my husband and I spent our 17th anniversary sure I had breast cancer, waiting for the biopsy results. We usually just went out to eat and celebrated life being together, no presents or fancy things were needed. He pulled up in front of the nicest jewelry store in that part of town. He bought me an anniversay ring to die for, I mean to die for. We found out two weeks later that I had breast cancer. My ring was a symbol of hope!
Through my mestectomy, chemo, radiation, losing my hair, all the feeling you got through losing a piece of yourself; my husband and my best friend, Nina, were with me every step of the way. I could say anything to them! [Confused]
Nina [Wink] , my best friend, living 1200 miles from me, called every day and/or night even after I was through with my radiation. She sent me gifts of flannel PJ's, socks, and snuggly things (we live now in OH, cold), and inspirational books on cds and tape, since I could not stand to read or watch televison at the time.
Although my other family and other friends checked up on me .....kind of often, I know the love, dedication, and spiritual uplifting I got from my husband and best friend, Nina, along with God, made my healing process faster physically and mentally.

#43208 - 09/24/05 09:31 PM Re: Husband and best friend, Best medicine!
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
What a wonderful gift of love and compassion given to you in your time of need.
Your husband & mine sound alot alike, with the acts of love, kindness, concern and spiritual uplifting.
June, I was in the hospital for a week...durning that time my husband was by my side day by day.
It took him 2 1/2 hours in traffic each direction.
Not once did he complain, held my hand and told me how much he loved me, not to worry about anything.
My life would not be the same without this man....never have I experienced anyone with so much love.
Our last name is Knight....so I call him my Knight in Shining Armor.
Sounds like you have a knight also.
May life continue to bless you.

Brenda

The Lord blesses his people with peace.
Psalm 29:11

#43209 - 09/24/05 10:01 PM Re: Husband and best friend, Best medicine!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Junebug, thanks for sharing such sweetness. I pray you are doing well since having cancer. There are many cancer survivors in this neighborhood. Perhpas you'll get to chat with some of them.

How did you meet your husband and best friend? They both sound like gems.

June and brenda, my best friend in all the world is also my hubby. We have been married for 26 years. I don't think there's a day I'd trade. I believe we were a match made in heaven. The crazy thing is that when we met and married we were pretty much ignoring God at the time. We have since claimed Him as the Lord and Savior of our lives. For that I am most grateful because it has definetly caused us to be closer and more compassionate with one another, and others.

#43210 - 09/24/05 10:46 PM Re: Husband and best friend, Best medicine!
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
My first marriage lasted 13 years.
He was very abusive, and just loved to play mind games. My thinking, "if I could only love him enough".
What I never understood at that time, is when you are from an abusive background you tend to attract like relationships.
Took me four years in therapy, reaching a decision.... and then the therapist was handing me her lawyers phone number. No kidding!
My beliefs of right and wrong of what God wanted, plus listening to my dad in the background saying "you are only to marry once", all came into play.
Thirteen years and 4 children later, I left.

Prayed & prayed for God to send someone for me to love... not someone I would pick, but someone he personally picked for me.

Met my hubby at a friend's wedding. Love at first sight , sound corny but true.
Married, a year or so later at the Wedding Chapel in Balboa Park, San Diego.
Not only did he marry me, he also accepted my 4 children as his own. They all call him dad.
We had one miracle baby girl together. (Brain tumor at 18 months).

You could search the world over and never find another with a spirit like his. But, then again God chose not I.

Sept. 1 was our wedding anniversary, we have been married 21 years. Seems like yesterday.

#43211 - 09/25/05 01:13 AM Re: Husband and best friend, Best medicine!
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
You guys give me hope that there may be a decent man for me yet! I hope I can find someone with the heart of your husbands!

Daisygirl

#43212 - 09/25/05 05:44 AM Re: Husband and best friend, Best medicine!
DallasGal Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Thanks for the wonderful posts to remind us all about the joys of having great friends and great husbands. =)

#43213 - 09/25/05 06:02 AM Re: Husband and best friend, Best medicine!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
God Bless you Junebug, what an adorable screen name you have. You are surrounded by such love and caring, how fortunate you are. It is my pleasure to welcome you to our little family, these women are wonderful and you'll fit right in. [Razz]

#43214 - 09/25/05 06:45 PM Re: Husband and best friend, Best medicine!
Junebug Offline

Dotsie and Brenda,
A funny thing happened to me on the way.... LOL Actually Brenda and my story sound a lot alike. My first marriage was abusive mentally and physically to myself and my oldest son, one of three from the marriage. In those days you were ashamed and didn't give up easyly. No one in my family had ever divorceed. After 15 yrs, I had enough of his threats of he would kill us all if I left.
Here is the weird part. LOL I had 3 sons to raise alone, without child support of course (which was hard to collect back then), and couldn't make ends meet. So, 2 nights a week I would play pool for money. Yeap, that's right! LOL I had an older male friend who taught me to play, and I was really good. So he would back me. It was better than taking a second job, and I never thought of welfare or anythng like that. So I met my husband playing pool. LOLOL I wasn't betting or anything when I met him, so it wasn't so weird at first. I lived in the Texas Panhandle, another kind of life and another time.
I too prayed to meet a christian man who would love me as much as he loved God. My husband when I met him was different! Not like all the cowboys and such. I liked that, and as we got to know each other, I like him more and more.
The Beginning! [Wink]

#43215 - 09/25/05 06:53 PM Re: Husband and best friend, Best medicine!
Junebug Offline

Dotsie,
Sorry I forgot my best friend, Nina! How could I do that! My first husband and her husband grew up together. I met her 28 yrs ago and we have been best friends since. She has 3 kids and my 3 kids are close to hers in age. She is always so loving and kind to everyone, and everyone expects too much of her. But she always comes through! When you speak of an EXTREMELY GOOD person and Christian, you are talking about her.
Another beginning! [Razz]

#43216 - 09/25/05 06:57 PM Re: Husband and best friend, Best medicine!
Junebug Offline

Daisygirl,
Good guy are still out ther! I can't tell you how to find them, but I do believe God brought my husband and myself together. He was from NE and had just moved to TX for a new job. LOL Lucky me!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved