The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 86 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#129184 - 10/12/07 12:31 PM Friends on the move
Mountain Ash Offline

Today is moving day for my nearest neighbour.They are a younger couple with the wifes three sons.He is a spot on step dad.These boys have gown up here and on their way to being young men.I got on well with them all.Margaret called with yellow roses told me thank you for being a good friend.Said she did not do crying..I held on and said all the right things. From the start we have communicated well.She kindly told me for tests at hospital and I supported her after her hysterectomy.I am silently grieving the loss of a compatable neighbour.They are not going far and she says she will keep in touch.
What I realise is that time does this...it moves for us all and these roses are a symbol of what was good and kind.
I said sincerely that we were quiet people but had loved them as next door friends.
Sometimes we take for granted the ordinary and I feel so blessed that I have known this friendship.I am going to give in and have a weep but wanted to share how connecting with people is a gift.
Mountain ash

#129185 - 10/12/07 04:27 PM Re: Friends on the move [Re: Mountain Ash]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Mountain, Oh yes, our lives are filled with hello’s and goodbye’s.

But it is possible that you may even have more contact with these neighbours. You’ll see…now you can officially invite them over, and I bet they will invite back. That’s good that they aren’t moving so far away.

Do you know yet who your new neighbours will be? We are blessed with wonderful neighbours. Our lives are lightly entwined with one another, not too much or too little; just right.

#129186 - 10/12/07 06:37 PM Re: Friends on the move [Re: Edelweiss]
Mountain Ash Offline

Hannelore
you have got it right.Not too much nor too little.This is what I had.The new people moved and in due time we shall see.
Margaret did say she would be back to sit in my summerhouse.
This parting did make me weep and feel sad . So much has happened this year and it may be just a leak from being strong.
Mountain ash

#129187 - 10/13/07 10:50 AM Re: Friends on the move [Re: Mountain Ash]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Mountain, I certainly understand what you are going through. When my kids were little, I had an angel of a friend move in down the street who also had a few little ones. We touched base with one another every day. We were both stay at home moms who loved to do fun things with the kids. We pretty much made a plan for most days of the week. Either her kids came here for a bit so she could have a little break, and vice versa. We toted our kids all over the place together. It was a blast.

Then her husband chose to take a job in Wisconsin. We thought the day would come because he was a Fellow at Hopkins in their pediatric unit. When she moved, I felt like someone took my right arm. I grieved big time.

However, I noticed that by the grace of God, she was here when the kids were little. She moved when our kids were all in school either five days or three days a week so we got one another through the hardest years of being home with wee kids.

I still miss her. We do talk by phone occasionally. She's been here and we've been there, but not enough.

I hope God has something else in store for you with the new neighbors. Have you invited them over yet?

#129188 - 10/14/07 12:58 AM Re: Friends on the move
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Mountain,
I'm sorry for the loss of your neighbor. How lucky and great though to have made such wonderful friends! You will carry on the friendship through writing and such, right?
It's hard to have good friends move away. Our lives ARE so transient. To keep a good job one has to travel now! I know I miss so very many people from the past.
I'm happy for your friendship.
dancer

"Question your privilege"

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved