The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 57 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#130209 - 10/24/07 07:49 PM My husband's childhood home burnt in CA fire...
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Yes, his home is gone. He lost his mother in a head on collision two years ago and his grandmother last year.
Life will be hard comforting my inlaws...
dancer9

"Question your privilege"

#130210 - 10/24/07 07:52 PM Re: My husband's childhood home burnt in CA fire... [Re: dancer9]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I am so sorry to hear of all of these difficult losses. Bless you all. My prayers and heart will be with you.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#130211 - 10/24/07 07:54 PM Re: My husband's childhood home burnt in CA fire... [Re: Anno]
dancer9 Offline

Thank you, Anno. My husband has been glued to the television for the last fews days. I must get him to take a break.
dancer

#130212 - 10/24/07 08:16 PM Re: My husband's childhood home burnt in CA fire.. [Re: dancer9]
Mountain Ash Offline

Sending kind thoughts at this sad time
Mountain ash

#130213 - 10/24/07 09:25 PM Re: My husband's childhood home burnt in CA fire.. [Re: Mountain Ash]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Dancer, I just imagined how I would feel if the house I grew up in were burnt to ashes. It's so final, but the memories of his life there will never die.

We have been watching the coverage here too. What a nightmare!

#130214 - 10/24/07 09:43 PM Re: My husband's childhood home burnt in CA fire.. [Re: Edelweiss]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Oh dancer, I'm so sorry to hear this. I think all of us are glued to the TV sets watching in horror as families lose their homes and possesions, but hopefully, not their lives!

I cannot imagine watching my homestead burn to the ground. What a sad day for him!

#130215 - 10/24/07 10:02 PM Re: My husband's childhood home burnt in CA fire.. [Re: jawjaw]
Casey Offline

Loc: Aptos, California
How sad, dancer...

#130216 - 10/24/07 11:24 PM Re: My husband's childhood home burnt in CA fire.. [Re: jawjaw]
dancer9 Offline

Thank you, Jaw Jaw, and everyone who posted... He is taking it very well. I used to play there when I was a kid! There was 2 and a half acres and a rather large house with a swimming poor with a waterfall. We used to play there and when we were kids and we were both in Arizona we played at my house! My family has an estate here and in Santa Barbara and his family had that home in CA and one in Arizona as well. We used to play together as kids and stay at one another's homes! We did not marry until ten years ago because we didn't find each other again for about 15 years. We lost touch and met again when we were both single.

So, it's a place I had some memories off as well. We both feel that home is where the heart is anyway. After the loss of his mother in a shocking way, (she was young, born in 1939 as was my mother,) and his grandmother passing the following year, it is rather spooky though. The area lost 500 plus homes so it was in a hot spot and they could not get to it in time. My family home is an adobe so it would have stood it a bit better. We still have my family's home to call home though. I think when he lost his mother suddenly in an accident, THAT was when he lost his "home," or what he thought of as home inside. His mother was "home," to him, and somewhat to me, I was there so much. He and his mother and I were close. It's sad but again, the home going is small compared to this earlier losses. He has been doing really, really good considering.

We found out about his mother when the police came and put a note on our door to call his sister! Quite scary.

We will be fine. Thanks again. I thought I'd give you the story though. My husband is a second gen. Califorinian on his mother's side.

Typos, misspells, sorry. This dyslexic is taking things slow.

dancer, dancing through it all.

Edited by dancer9 (10/24/07 11:35 PM)

#130217 - 10/25/07 11:39 AM Re: My husband's childhood home burnt in CA fire.. [Re: dancer9]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
So sorry about the home...but what a beautiful story of love and connection...I'm glad you found each other again.

#130218 - 10/25/07 11:56 AM Re: My husband's childhood home burnt in CA fire.. [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Dancer, I'm assuming no one still lived there. Right? But how sad. Give him a little extra TLC. He's been through a lot lately.

I think it's so refreshing to hear about couples who have know one another wince childhood.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved