The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 59 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#202581 - 04/21/10 10:15 PM Smell the ROSES!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Today there was a knock on my door and a Fed Ex man handed me a box. Inside the box were dozens of red and pink TEA ROSES, and the scent was magnificient when the box was opened. I placed the flowers in the crystal clear vase that accompanied them and set them in the center of my glass dining room table. They literally lit up the whole house. I haven't received a gift of flowers in so long I can't even remember when. Talk about brightening a ladies day, both with the flowers and the love that filled each and every beautiful one of perfect little flowers.

I'm not sure how the Angel sending them feels about my saying her name but this is definitely a Friends Helping Friends situation... Thank you from the bottom of my heart NANCY. I can't believe your thoughtfullness and to someone you've never even met. I am speechless to say the least. Know that each and every time I look at them I will think of you and smile with the good cheer your note mentioned as if you were here with me.
LOVE and HUGS,
Charleen

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#202617 - 04/22/10 08:09 PM Re: Smell the ROSES! [Re: chatty lady]
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Charleen my Friend, although I may have never seen your face I have truly seen your heart...you have been there for me in troubled times in years gone by and I will never forget your kindnesses toward me...I am happy I was able to brighten your day in a small way...

Hoping that you are feeling better with each passing day...
Love you...

People may not remember exactly what you said or what you did...but they will always remember how you made them feel

#202618 - 04/22/10 09:31 PM Re: Smell the ROSES! [Re: AvalonBlondi]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

This morning the Roses had all opened up so much I had to transfer half of them into another vase. Now I have roses on the dining room table and on the counter between the kitchen and living room. I can't believe the fragrance they send out all around the rooms. Again my wonderful kind friend, thank you!
I hope you were finally able to let go and place Zeke in his place under the bush with his brother Trevor.

#202631 - 04/23/10 01:34 PM Re: Smell the ROSES! [Re: chatty lady]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
You are both such sweeties. Thank goodness for women like you!

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#202728 - 04/27/10 12:04 AM Re: Smell the ROSES! [Re: Anno]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

These Roses must be bionic because they are still gorgeous but limpimg just a bit. Hopefully I can get a good couple more days from them. I would recommend ProFlowers to amyone here. I sent mother her Roses from them and they lasted two weeks and Nancy used them as well and mine have a day less than a week so far and are still beautiful. Plus, and maybe Nancy will agree, their prices are quite reasonable.

#202736 - 04/27/10 01:30 PM Re: Smell the ROSES! [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Blondi,
That was such a sweet gesture to be reading about. The State of Pennsylvania has produced some very nice people! My adoptive
father came from Pa. Nancy you magnify your own posting signature! Cool! And what a wonderful thing to have done;
there's nothing sweeter than the smell of roses! Prayers and
blessings,

Chatty,
I have heard it said, "You get back, what you give out." That seems to be true, in most cases! I can smell those roses
way out here! LOL...

#202738 - 04/27/10 04:52 PM Re: Smell the ROSES! [Re: jabber]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
chatty, keep trimmiing the stems. They'll last even longer.

Nancy, how dear of you to send roses. Wow, it makes my heart sing.

#202756 - 04/27/10 07:49 PM Re: Smell the ROSES! [Re: Dotsie]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
What a sweet gesture, Nancy. We have so many good souls at this forum.

#202792 - 04/28/10 09:53 PM Re: Smell the ROSES! [Re: Edelweiss2]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Well the roses are no more. They put up a good and lasting fight but lost to 'droop' earlier this afternoon. I still have the gorgeous vase they came in however, and the memories.

#202807 - 04/29/10 04:57 AM Re: Smell the ROSES! [Re: chatty lady]
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
I'm so happy you enjoyed them Chats!

People may not remember exactly what you said or what you did...but they will always remember how you made them feel

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved