The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 128 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#215614 - 11/29/11 11:05 PM Creamy Mints for the Holidays
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Remember those creamy mint candies that people used to serve at wedding receptions or maybe at fancy buffet parties? They'd be about the size of a nickle and pink or green? Or maybe colored the same as the bride's colors?

As a kid, I used to love them. But I can't remember the last time I've seen them anywhere.

But I recently found a blogger who posted a recipe for them. So I just might have to make some for my holiday cookie giveaways.

I never knew what was in 'em, but the recipe looks pretty simple. It includes cream cheese and confectioners sugar, plus food coloring and flavoring.

Here's the recipe, and a link to the Confessions of a Grandma blog where I found the recipe.

Quote:

Creamy Mints:
1 3-ounce package light cream cheese
1/4 tsp. peppermint extract
2 drops food coloring
4 1/4 to 4 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
Superfine sugar

Mix cream cheese, extract and food color in mixer bowl just til smooth (30 seconds or so).
Keeping mixer on low speed, gradually add the confectioner's sugar and mix until very thick (at least 90 seconds).
Shape teaspoonfuls of the mixture into small balls and roll in the superfine sugar.
Press flat with fingers or a fork to form patties.
Refrigerate, tightly covered.

www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#215628 - 12/01/11 02:31 PM Re: Creamy Mints for the Holidays [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Gotta find those candies I made with my best friend, way back when. It seems they were solid confectioner's sugar; I know they were red and green with a pecan or something in the middle. Don't think they were mint, though. But your's sound really good
Anne. Thanks for recipe! I'll have to try 'em!

#215635 - 12/02/11 12:42 PM Re: Creamy Mints for the Holidays [Re: jabber]
Ellemm Offline

I think those were called Merrimints or pastel mints; I know exactly what you are talking about. I just saw some very like them at Vermont Country Store, which has interesting nostalgic things.

#215636 - 12/02/11 02:53 PM Re: Creamy Mints for the Holidays [Re: Ellemm]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Ellemm,
I just went to Vermont Country Store and looked at their candy.
The ones I remember looked like those "Cherry Divinity" and
"Pecan Divinities"; but, if I remember correctly, my friend's
were nearly solid confectionery sugar, with red and green dye. This is the same person that baked those pumpkin cookies, I'd walk a mile to get. whistle

#215661 - 12/04/11 02:45 PM Re: Creamy Mints for the Holidays [Re: jabber]
Ellemm Offline

Yeah, I was thinking of Anne's question and they have Pastel Mints. I sure remember those! The red and green ones I don't remember much at all; hope you find them someday.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved