The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#183852 - 06/07/09 05:20 PM Fruit and Veggie Soups Please Help!
Sheila Offline

Hi, I'm Sheila and I am starting a restaurant and I have some ideas for soup recipes for the menu and I was wondering if you all wouldn't mind telling me what you thought of them.

I was thinking of having both fruit soups and vegetable soups.

The fruit soups I am considering are:
Peach and Raspberry Soup
Minted Melon Soup
Cherry Soup
Strawberry Soup
Cantaloupe Soup
Mango Soup
Banana Cream Soup
Apple Pear Soup

The vegetable soups I am considering are:
Spiced Pumpkin Soup
Broccoli Soup
Carrot Soup
Mushroom Soup
Pea Soup
Corn and Roasted Red Pepper Soup
Sweet Potato Soup

I would be really interested in knowing which ones particularly stand out as flavors you would be interested in and also which ones you would absolutely not be interested in. Also, if you have any other suggestions, your opinions and feedback would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
Sheila

#183853 - 06/07/09 07:34 PM Re: Fruit and Veggie Soups Please Help! [Re: Sheila]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
How about an all vegetable chowder?

Maybe asparagus with something?

Here's a link to the place that has the best soups in Baltimore. Maybe you can get some ideas from them.

http://www.atwaters.biz/index.php

What city are you in?

#183854 - 06/07/09 07:39 PM Re: Fruit and Veggie Soups Please Help! [Re: Dotsie]
Sheila Offline

Thanks for the insight, Dotsie! I will check it out. Did you like any of the flavors listed above?

I'm in Cincinnati by the way.

- Sheila

Edited by Sheila (06/07/09 07:40 PM)

#183858 - 06/08/09 12:36 AM Re: Fruit and Veggie Soups Please Help! [Re: Sheila]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
What I would buy & taste:
Minted Melon Soup (mint might be a risk, since some people don't like taste of mint.)
Strawberry Soup (would make smaller batches of this to be safe)
Cantaloupe Soup

Personally I am not a huge fan of any soup with alot of cream or milk unless it is delicately done.
Spiced Pumpkin Soup
Carrot Soup (cooked with some grated ginger root is what we do. Or add 1 leek for carrot soup that serves 4 people. We puree ours along with cooked carrots, veggie broth)
or Carrot, Apple and Ginger Soup
Mushroom Soup (you need this for people with conservative tastebuds)
Pea Soup (would this be green pea soup or yellow split pea soup?)
Corn and Roasted Red Pepper Soup (interesting. Good to put on menu, an inventive soup)

What type of entrees will your restaurant serve? Or what is the dominant cuisine type? Or a sandwich/lunch place?

You are brave to open a restaurant in this economic climate.

#183861 - 06/08/09 01:14 AM Re: Fruit and Veggie Soups Please Help! [Re: Sheila]
DJ Offline

Loc: Ohio
edited

Edited by DJ (06/26/09 01:09 AM)

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved