Remember those creamy mint candies that people used to serve at wedding receptions or maybe at fancy buffet parties? They'd be about the size of a nickle and pink or green? Or maybe colored the same as the bride's colors?

As a kid, I used to love them. But I can't remember the last time I've seen them anywhere.

But I recently found a blogger who posted a recipe for them. So I just might have to make some for my holiday cookie giveaways.

I never knew what was in 'em, but the recipe looks pretty simple. It includes cream cheese and confectioners sugar, plus food coloring and flavoring.

Here's the recipe, and a link to the Confessions of a Grandma blog where I found the recipe.

Quote:

Creamy Mints:
1 3-ounce package light cream cheese
1/4 tsp. peppermint extract
2 drops food coloring
4 1/4 to 4 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
Superfine sugar

Mix cream cheese, extract and food color in mixer bowl just til smooth (30 seconds or so).
Keeping mixer on low speed, gradually add the confectioner's sugar and mix until very thick (at least 90 seconds).
Shape teaspoonfuls of the mixture into small balls and roll in the superfine sugar.
Press flat with fingers or a fork to form patties.
Refrigerate, tightly covered.

www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com