The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 56 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#198450 - 01/25/10 12:59 AM Edelweiss
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Edelweiss made the most incredible movie...and I wanted to share it with you (hope that's okay Edelweiss)...so precious and adorable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr3r7LvQsKI

#198451 - 01/25/10 07:37 AM Re: Edelweiss [Re: Dee]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Oh my Dee, I think we are each others biggest fans. We could start our own fan club! We already have two memebers!! LOL LOL

Okay, if I had known you were going to show this on Facebook and BWS I would have put more effort in this clip. I need to tell the ladies why I made the clip.

Anna, the doll, had the worst hair you could imagine. She looked like a scarecrow. "A" was so frustrated with it, I think she lost some baby combs in the tangled mass. So "A" and I packed Anna and took her to a dolly clinic. It's the cutest place...with rows and rows of dolly beds filled with teddybears and dolls lying under their sheets. Each doll gets a white nightgown and a lollipop. and of course the dolly mommies get one too. "A" was so upset to leave her behind.

That evening her mother came unexpectedly and packed all of "A"'s things ( after almost 3 months, and took her with her. ( That's another story.)

So I picked up dolly Anna by myself, bought her a new dress and white pattern leather shoes, and brought her home.

I made the little clip to show my granddaughter how beautiful Anna's hair turned out and that all is well. I can only hope her mother shows her the clip.

It's official; "A"'s parents have separated and will be getting a divorce. The whole thing is terribly hostile and bitter. I tried to talk to my DIL in behalf of my son. That was a mistake, I know now. But my son asked me to do it for him. All the wiser I am now, for that did not go over big. Now my DIL has an attitude with me as well, and is reacting like a spoiled brat.

My heart goes out to "A". I can just pray that this too will blow over.

#198459 - 01/25/10 11:54 AM Re: Edelweiss [Re: Edelweiss3]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I am sorry to say, what did you expect from a selfish, arrogant person like she have proven herself to be. I am profoundly sorry for poor little A, caught in the middle of a nasty divorce. I also feel sorry for you and your Mr. because I know how much that child means to you, and of course your own sons happiness as well.

I understand because my own son and wife are living apart and getting ready to finalize their divorce. My grandson is in the Marines and because Christy, my granddaqughter lives with her mother I rarely get to see Emily, her new baby.
Oh, I seem to be welcome there but my DIL constantly bad mouth's my son so much; I just want to slap her silly. She never had it so good as she did with him and never will again, for many reasons I dare not mention here.

Oh well, what can we do Edelweiss?

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#198466 - 01/25/10 04:11 PM Re: Edelweiss [Re: chatty lady]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
I do not know whether we have doll salons here but, it's cool that you have them there.

I am so sorry that separation was inevitable, EW. I pray with you that all blows over soon.

#198472 - 01/25/10 09:56 PM Re: Edelweiss [Re: Lola]
Dee Offline

Watched the video again...so precious, Edelweiss...I hope your granddaughter gets to see it and I hope that your DIL will come around. Don't you hate it when you have to walk on eggs all the time?

#198489 - 01/26/10 08:23 AM Re: Edelweiss [Re: Dee]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
At least our granddaughter is allowed to call us; - which she does 2 to 3 times per day. Each time she asks if I want to talk to her Mommy, which I don't. I really don't know what to say to her. She is the one who stormed out of my house. I don't need that kind of grief. I'm letting go; - all of it.

Chatty, you asked what we can do? I feel relieved that distance helps prevent us from being weighed down with their daily problems. Naturally I was terribly sad when "A" left,. especially that way. But my husband said something comforting. He said in this whole mess, we are the winners. We will always be special to our grandchild. And we are now free (the 3 months were truly strenious), and can finally live our own lives again.

He's right.

#198495 - 01/26/10 02:03 PM Re: Edelweiss [Re: Edelweiss3]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
You and your hubby will always shed the light in A's life. I'm sure of it. I'm so glad she has you. It reminds me of Ross's childhood. His mom and dad divorced while he was young, and all during his childhood, his Nan and Pap-Pap were his constants. He had an very close relationship with his Nana which I think is why he's such a sweetheart today.

Cute video, and I understand why you made it, but I especially like the ones with your grandchildren in them!

#198551 - 01/26/10 09:57 PM Re: Edelweiss [Re: Dotsie]
Dee Offline

Edelweiss...I'm glad a lot of the stress is off you now...it's in their hands to sort out their problems and in between you have Little A...I'm thrilled she calls you and no one...NO ONE can replace you and her grandpa in her heart. Hang in there and give her a big hug when you see her next.

#198639 - 01/28/10 02:27 AM Re: Edelweiss [Re: Dee]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I agree Edelweiss, let the chips fall where they may as the gamblers here in Vegas say...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#198741 - 01/30/10 12:56 AM Re: Edelweiss [Re: Edelweiss3]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Originally Posted By: Edelweiss3
But my husband said something comforting. He said in this whole mess, we are the winners.

So true, Edelweiss. "A" sounds like a little one wants to be the bridge, by asking you if you want to speak with her mother, etc. Hope she sings for you by phone, etc.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved