The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 203 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#210636 - 01/25/11 02:42 AM Oh my God!!!!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Received a call from my DIL saying she got a call from her son, my grandson Jason, the one in the Marines. He said "Guess what I did today mom? I got married! I have a 7 day leave coming up so we are coming home to Vegas so you can meet her." My DIL nearly died from shock and I have to say my reaction was, "WHAT???" So now we wait to meet this newest member of our ever shrinking family. Oh and she has a baby not yet a year olde. Not Jasons baby...GOOD GRIEF!!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#210656 - 01/25/11 09:12 PM Re: Oh my God!!!! [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Good luck with that, Chatty! I got a similar call from Italy,
one year. Fun. Fun. Fun.

#210777 - 01/30/11 12:54 AM Re: Oh my God!!!! [Re: jabber]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Last night I met my new granddaughter by marriage. Her name is Christina and se is a darling girl. She seemed to feel right at home with us. Jason and her are so cute together. Oh and her baby boy is 14 months, I thought he was younger. I don't know any of the particulars about her past, I figure if she wants us to know she will tell us. If not it's none of our business anyway. The kids flew out early this morning to head back to Arkansas and Jason leaves in two weeks for Japan for two years. I guess she will join him as soon as the paper work is comleted, lots of red tape apparently... I am happy to have been able to meet them as a couple cause I ain't gettin any younger!

#210786 - 01/30/11 03:17 PM Re: Oh my God!!!! [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
I'm glad, you're glad!

#210788 - 01/30/11 09:31 PM Re: Oh my God!!!! [Re: chatty lady]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
So happy you had a chance to meet them, Chatty! (Even more happy that you liked them...)
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#210884 - 02/04/11 10:00 PM New Grandma [Re: Anne Holmes]
Sandy N. Offline

Loc: Washington State
My first grandchild is due in late April (a girl!), and I'm finding that I'm definitely behind the times. Bumper pads on cribs are unsafe? Cribs with a drop-down side are deadly? No quilts? It's a miracle my son survived infancy, with all the chances I apparently took! I'm not even sure what equipment young parents "need."
Pack 'n Play?
Could anyone recommend a book (or website) that I can read to get educated?

Edited by Sandy N. (02/04/11 10:08 PM)

#210887 - 02/04/11 10:24 PM Re: New Grandma [Re: Sandy N.]
Mountain Ash Offline

Whatever...
I am way behind the times with young Mothers and Fathers beliefs
and would leave the decisons to the parents..that what my folks did for me..they need to establish their rules just as we did.

Just think I was born in the middle of the last century...Wow!!!

#210889 - 02/04/11 10:33 PM Re: New Grandma [Re: Mountain Ash]
Sandy N. Offline

Thanks for the quick reply! I agree with leaving the decisions to my son and daughter-in-law. I'm just trying to be supportive, and I like to try to keep up as much as possible.

#210890 - 02/04/11 11:24 PM Re: New Grandma [Re: Sandy N.]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I crochetede dozens of baby sfghans for the women here on this site plus my church group members and other people I was recommended to by people that had one or more of my baby afghans. No one ever had a problem with wrapping their baby in one or having it on their crib. They don't slip like some quilts might. Right now I have a sale on them and have two already made for girls in Precious Pinks and one has white and a minty green as well. They are $35.00 if you're interested...

You can see samples on the thread FOR SALE here in the forum but will have to go way back to see them or ask about them and see what the ladies say who own them. I also do Lapghans which are great for wheel chairs or recliners, then I make regular size as well and special order large bed sizes...

#210897 - 02/05/11 07:11 AM Re: New Grandma [Re: chatty lady]
Sandy N. Offline

It's reassuring that your baby afghans are safe. I crochet, too, and might make one for my granddaughter. I looked at your website (very nice) but I didn't see any photos of your afghans. I also looked at the FOR SALE thread, again with no luck. Maybe I just didn't look in the right place. Is there somewhere that I can see pictures of your creations?

Thank you!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved