The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 153 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#214602 - 09/05/11 09:22 PM Wacky Weather
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Quote:
I'm in Oklahoma. It has been just as hot, if not hotter, than it has been in Texas, but being smaller, we don't get as much publicity!

Yesterday was the first day in 3 MONTHS that the highs were below 100; actually, even around 100 was cooler than all the days of 109, 111, 112, etc. But we are rejoicing: a cool front came through and we're looking at highs in the 80's this week. We had about given up hope.

This has been the hottest summer ever recorded here. A friend of mine is giving up and getting out of here. I can't really blame her.

Edited by Ellemm (09/05/11 10:19 AM)

Ellemm, I moved this post to crate a new one about weather, so we didn't have it mixed in with the "Pizza on Fridays" discussion.

I saw an article in the paper today that was reviewing the strange weather we have been having all over the US this year, and worldwide in the past two years. Here's a link to that story: 20011 Disasters: An extreme, exhaisting year

According to that story, Oklahoma's July weather set a record for hottest month ever in any state.

Yikes! And as you said, not too many of us heard about this, likely because we were all too busy with our own weather challenges.

Hope September treats you better. And, where are the people who are moving out going? (Reminds me of the old Oklahoma dust bowl stories... Supposedly my first husband's grandparents left the dustbowl for Chicago, and then moved back to Green Bay, Wisconsin. His mother still lives in the old family homestead, which was built in the 1880s -- pre dust bowl days -- which they moved back into on their return to Wisconsin in the 19040s. (Assuming I have the story right.)
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#214608 - 09/05/11 11:01 PM Re: Wacky Weather [Re: Anne Holmes]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
My mother said it poured yesterday in Indiana and today we had some sprinkles here in Nevada too. Guess fall is just around the corner now...Good!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved