The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 174 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#54813 - 01/24/06 09:12 PM Fair Tax Movement
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
Have any of you heard of the Fair Tax Movement? This is a very short description of the plan. It would make a very long post to describe all the details, but you can go to the Americans for Fair Taxation website to get more information, http://www.fairtaxvolunteer.org/main.html

The FairTax proposal is a comprehensive plan to replace federal income and payroll taxes, including personal, gift, estate, capital gains, alternative minimum, Social Security/Medicare, self-employment, and corporate taxes. The FairTax proposal integrates such features as a progressive national retail sales tax, dollar-for-dollar revenue replacement, and a rebate to ensure that no American pays such federal taxes up to the poverty level. Included in the FairTax plan is the repeal of the 16th Amendment to the Constitution. The FairTax allows Americans to keep 100 percent of their paychecks (minus any state income taxes), ends corporate taxes and compliance costs hidden in the retail cost of goods and services, and fully funds the federal government while fulfilling the promise of Social Security and Medicare.

The Fair Tax plan not only allow us to keep more of our hard earned money, but prevent a lot of corruption in our government. A few other countries have gone this route and been successful.

Daisygirl

#54814 - 01/24/06 11:17 PM Re: Fair Tax Movement
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Daisy, my brother has done extensive research on the whole tax system in this country. I thought that he had told me that the 16th. amendment was never ratified. I will check out this site.
Keeping 100% of our income and stopping gov't waste always sounds good to me!

[ January 24, 2006, 03:20 PM: Message edited by: Bluebird ]

#54815 - 01/25/06 12:48 AM Re: Fair Tax Movement
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
Please keep us up to date on this one Daisy.

Sandpiper

#54816 - 01/25/06 12:52 AM Re: Fair Tax Movement
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
Bluebird, I bet your brother is familiar with this.

If we had the Fair Tax there would be no hidden taxes. Companies would not pay taxes and would be more likely to keep their manufacturing plants and companies in the US rather than other countries.

We would pay a higher sales tax, so if we bought a car or furniture, we would pay higher tax on those items BUT we could afford to because our income would increase. It would give us control over the amount of tax we pay. If we didn't want to pay tax, we could purchase used items or nothing except the necessities.

If you approve of this plan, please contact your senator and congressperson and let them know. I understand most of them have read the Neal Boortz book which outlines the plan (even the President has it). They will not push this unless forced to because this plan would take much of their leverage and power away. This is a grassroots movement, not Democrat or Republican, that is really getting steam - together we can make a difference!

Daisygirl

[ January 24, 2006, 04:57 PM: Message edited by: Daisygirl ]

#54817 - 01/25/06 01:12 AM Re: Fair Tax Movement
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Well my brother believes that it's the income tax and the social security tax that are unconstitutional. He has been trying to get the IRS to show what "law" says that he is liable for such taxes and they don't answer him. Originally, these tax codes appled to non citizens or companies that were out of the US.
Even the IRS' definition of income is not what we think!

#54818 - 01/25/06 01:52 AM Re: Fair Tax Movement
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
In Las Vegas there is NO state income tax which means you keep more of the money you earn BUT then there are a zillion fees for this and that so the state gets your money one way or the other...

#54819 - 01/25/06 02:47 AM Re: Fair Tax Movement
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
We have no sales or income tax in NH, either. As Chatty says, they make up for it in other ways. Here its with sky-high property taxes at the town level.

#54820 - 01/25/06 07:15 AM Re: Fair Tax Movement
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
NHJackie,
I bet they tax you in NH for sewer and trash tax , sometimes they make it up that way besides property tax . They will get you one way or another .

#54821 - 01/25/06 04:14 PM Re: Fair Tax Movement
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
It sounds good, but at the corporate level, corporations will still out source our jobs to India and Puerto Rico and Mexico. Its not just the companies that are moving out of the US. The trend is to pad the pocket books of the already insanely wealthy by training foreigners to sound like "Bob" or "Judy".
I wish something like this would help, and please enlighten me as to what regulation was lifted allowing corporations to move to other countries and send our jobs over there too.
Now, I understand Ford is closing its doors to several plants putting more people out of work.
Dell is one of the worst companies for outsourcing.
I say don't allow corporations and the wealthy to "hide" their taxes elsewhere.

#54822 - 01/25/06 04:18 PM Re: Fair Tax Movement
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
Daisygirl, I AM going to read the article though and give it consideration since I am one who votes for the man and not the party or the platform and not the party.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved