The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 117 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#54871 - 01/22/06 09:06 PM Tragic accident
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
I didn't want to cover the prayer posts, but last friday morning,here in MA, we had a tragic accident in Sterling: 4 christian teeneagers involved. The car lost control and crashed into a tree, near the driver's residence. Speed appears to be the cause of accident.

[Frown] Two lost their lives, one is in coma, the other critically injured. They were all students in a private christian academy-SLA- and getting ready to attend a retreat that evening, where 2 of them were to be speakers.

They were all part of the school's basketball team, scheduled to play saturday evening. Needless to say, we're mourning such tragic deaths. I learned of the news friday at our youth service in church. And later saw it in the nightly news.

Many kids at our church were classmates of these young men. Please pray for parents, students and all involved. Thanks!

#54872 - 01/22/06 09:16 PM Re: Tragic accident
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Songbird, I will surely pray. I am forever praying for the health and safety of teens so this post is near and dear to my heart.

I am so sorry for everyone's loss, but glad there appears to be a strong community to carry all those grieving during this difficult time.

#54873 - 01/22/06 09:20 PM Re: Tragic accident
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I will pray too. This is so sad.

#54874 - 01/22/06 09:52 PM Re: Tragic accident
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
This kind of thing creates fear in the heart of mothers everywhere. I pray that everyone affected be comforted.

smile

#54875 - 01/23/06 03:08 AM Re: Tragic accident
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
This sort of event makes my heart hurt for the childrens who lost their young promising lives and for the parents whose lives have lost their joy....
Don't quote me on this but I think it was our Dianne that posted on her site not too long ago that in Tenn. 2 kids from the same family were both killed within 15 minutes of one another in 2 separate auto accidents. Dianne am I right about that??

[ January 22, 2006, 07:16 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#54876 - 01/23/06 05:16 AM Re: Tragic accident
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Songbird, add my prayers to the list. I'm filled with sorrow reading about this. Just so sad!

JJ

#54877 - 01/23/06 08:28 AM Re: Tragic accident
diamond50 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Songbird, my heart goes out to all of the families
involved. They will be in my prayers.

#54878 - 01/23/06 09:31 AM Re: Tragic accident
flipperjo Offline

Loc: ND
songbird, my heart goes out to those families who lost their children. my 13 yr. old daughter died in a car accident, so i know their plight all too well.

there is a group called The Compassionate Friends that could be of great help to these families. i have been associated with them since about a yr. after Missi died. they have helped me immensely. to look for a chapter near you, go to www.thecompassionatefriends.org.

unfortunately, there is nothing that will take any of the pain from these families. TCF meetings are made up of parents (some chapters have sibling groups, too) who are there to talk to each other and help each other with the many issues that simply are not understood by anyone else, no matter how well-meaning they are.

you mentioned these kids being from a christian school. TCF is a non-denominational organization. no matter what your faith, nothing will shake it like the death of your child. i come from a strong christian tradition and find that people who have not lost a child are simply incapable of understanding the anger and disillusionment with God that comes with the loss of your child. i can talk about that at TCF and not feel judged by anyone there nor will i be told to just pray. fellow christians mean well but most just don't know how to respond to the feelings of a bereaved parent.

was the driver killed? my older son blames himself for the accident when my daughter was killed. the self-imposed hell of guilt he has been in nearly killed him, too.

again, i feel so clearly the pain of these families in your community as they begin the never-ending journey of grief they are now on. i pray that they each will find true friends and happy memories along the way.

[ January 23, 2006, 01:35 AM: Message edited by: flipperjo ]

#54879 - 01/23/06 09:38 AM Re: Tragic accident
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Such a horrible tragedy Songbird...my heart and prayers go out to those families tonight.....

#54880 - 01/23/06 05:57 PM Re: Tragic accident
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Thanks to all the special women of BWS who join in prayer for those in need, after such a tragedy.

Flipper, the driver was killed too. I thought of that, the guilt. In this case, the pain remains for that one teen well enough to understand that his friends will no longer be here to share with him. I wonder what they were doing right before the accident... maybe challenging each other, distractions, music? Whatever it was, the survivor remains with a heavy heart.

I haven't heard from the one still in coma.

I thank you for that support group you mentioned. I'll pass the info along hoping it helps. I've heard of some ministerial families who've lost children and the impact on their faith, etc.

I agree it is hard to understand the loss of a child when you haven't been through it!

I continue to emphasize the need to show our love daily to those dear to our hearts. We never know when that last chance will be. And I continue to pray for all youth!

[ January 23, 2006, 09:58 AM: Message edited by: Songbird ]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved