The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 125 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#221092 - 12/07/15 02:39 PM What cha doin' for Christmas...
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Anybody care to share their plans for Christmastime? Love to hear what others' have got in mind for Thee...

#221096 - 12/13/15 08:15 PM Re: What cha doin' for Christmas... [Re: jabber]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
My Christmas wishes here https://cyclewriteblog.wordpress.com/201...in-human-touch/ for boomerwomen.

Edited by orchid (12/13/15 08:17 PM)

#221107 - 12/23/15 12:24 AM Re: What cha doin' for Christmas... [Re: orchid]
jabber Offline

Nice blog orchid! Love the "light" outlines of animals...

#221110 - 12/23/15 07:47 PM Re: What cha doin' for Christmas... [Re: orchid]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Thanks, Orchid, it's been so rainy here, no snow in NW Illinois this year. I have a friend who is talking about having to go mow his grass!

So I loved your beautiful images!

Here on the 23td let me say to you: "Merry Christmas Eve eve!"
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#221111 - 12/23/15 07:49 PM Re: What cha doin' for Christmas... [Re: jabber]
Boomer in Chief

Hi Jabber,

We're not doing anything to extraordinary on the 24th or 25th, but we will gather at my Dad's home in Madison on the 27th - my family, my sisters' and brothers' as well as my Dad's significant other's daughter and children - the latter whom we've never met.

There will be 20 of us for dinner!
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#221112 - 12/25/15 07:37 PM Re: What cha doin' for Christmas... [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Love orchid's blog!

It's Christmas Day, later afternoon. Just watched "Coat of Many Colors" by Dolly Parton. This is a great movie. Love it. Love it. Love it. Of course I cried through most of it but I love it.
Dolly just produced the perfect Christmas Movie. It's heartwarming.
Entertaining. Beautiful! WB, the dogs and I...having a quiet day of chilling and watching TV. Last night entertained and watched "The Illusionist"; also a great movie. Turkey and dressing and all the sides turned out great. It's been an awesome Christmas thus far. Hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas too. Happy Birthday Jesus!

#221117 - 12/29/15 07:15 PM Re: What cha doin' for Christmas... [Re: jabber]
Boomer in Chief

Wonderful, Jabber! Glad you had such a great holiday - everyone wishes to have a day like that. Everyone deserves it.

We got together in a house full of 20 people for our main Christmas celebration in Madison. We had three tables set up so that everyone could eat at a table.

My brother started cooking the turkey at 7:30 AM and he did a fantastic job, as usual.

He, his wife and my Dad were in charge of the turkey, stuffing, gravy and sweet potatoes. My daughter brought the mashed potatoes. She has a recipe you make early and bring in a casserole, it takes 10 pounds of potatoes!

My son brought a spinach salad, and others brought a variety of sides. All were great, and many people went back for seconds.

For dessert my stepmother made a steamed cranberry pudding with a butter rum sauce, and I was in charge of Christmas cookies. I brought 6 kinds.

After the meal, we watched football (the Packer game - so frustrating!)

Once that was over, our kids and spouses came over to our hotel room, for a little Holmes family gift exchange. Everyone was still too full to eat anything more, but we served coffee and tea. This was important, as the kids all left to drive home afterward.

Steve and I spent the night, so we could drive home in the daylight. We knew it would snow overnight, but we've driven in snow before, so figured we could handle it!

We did, but the sprinkling of snow at 9 AM continued on all day, complete with "wintery mix" and wind. Which made for a lot of blowing and drifting. Our normally 90 minute trip took us 3 hours - but we made it home safely. We saw 3 plow heading the other way on the highway, but were never overtaken by a plow on our side. Often the highway was totally snow covered -- or only one lane - or even one track -- open! For the first half of the trip, I don't think we ever traveled over 25 MPH!!

Hope everyone else had a safe and happy holiday, too. Now: on to New Year's Eve! Best wishes for a great 2016!!
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#221118 - 12/30/15 08:45 PM Re: What cha doin' for Christmas... [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Sounds like you had a great Christmas, Anne. Are you driving an SUV or a standard car? Thank God this is the first December in a long, long time that this area hasn't had much snow. Friday before Christmas we had a snowstorm but it melted quickly and was gone in a day or two. Prayers and blessings for a the New year.

#221119 - 12/30/15 09:47 PM Re: What cha doin' for Christmas... [Re: jabber]
Boomer in Chief

No SUVs for us, Jabber. Steve wouldn't be able to get into one. Too high unless he could count on a curb. And no, I don't have 4WD either. Just innate Wisconsin winter driving skills, honed early when I was a teen...:)
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved