The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 142 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#202450 - 04/18/10 11:23 PM New girlfriend...
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
My son David brought his new girlfriend over today to comfort me and spend some time together. She is adorable, a red head and just out of the army after putting in 15 years of service to our country. I have to admit it seems strange seeing him with someone besides my ex DIL but it's his life and he is a very intelligent guy. He never cheated on my ex DIL and waited nearly a year to begin dating someone. Funny how I never even saw this coming.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#203124 - 05/05/10 10:27 PM Re: New girlfriend... [Re: chatty lady]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

So now the new girlfriend is taking up all his free time, guess I can't win for losing, as the saying goes...Oh well!

#203137 - 05/05/10 11:20 PM Re: New girlfriend... [Re: chatty lady]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Hey, give it time to settle in for all of you. Ask both of them over for dinner - they will find time for you.

Another of life's adjustments, huh?

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#203150 - 05/06/10 04:23 AM Re: New girlfriend... [Re: Anno]
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Chatty I am in the same boat as you....after years of praying for my son to settle down and find a good girl...I got what I asked for..and guess what? She is taking him to Miami for the weekend..because she thinks he "works way to hard" nice right? The only thing is...she made the reservations for Mother's Day weekend...this will be the first Mother's day he isn't with me....hmmm...not the best way to win the future Mother in Law over...I didn't want him to think it bothered me...but it really, really does...:(

People may not remember exactly what you said or what you did...but they will always remember how you made them feel

#203162 - 05/06/10 10:46 AM Re: New girlfriend... [Re: AvalonBlondi]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

They came over three times now, once for dinner. She seems nice enough but I was hoping he'd stay unattached a while longer. Out of the frying pan, into the fire!!!

#203256 - 05/08/10 08:54 PM Re: New girlfriend... [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Good luck with this one! Hope it works fine and dandy!

#203414 - 05/13/10 10:16 PM Re: New girlfriend... [Re: jabber]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I have found out some scuttlebut I don't think I was suppose to know, none of my business true, but did make me wonder. It seems this woman my son is dating has two children by two different men, okay, thats normal in many cases BUT her eldest he is 15, lives with his grandparents in Michigan????? Then the youngest who is 3 lives here but with his fathers girlfriend while he is serving his second term in Iraq. His other visits him I guess but he doesn't live with her. I understand she, the ex, his girlfriend and my son are very good friends and all feel it alright to share the child. I may be old fashioned but what kind of mother doesn't live with her children or vice versa...? Plus she was chasing my son for a couple of years before he was even having marital problems... Something about her bothered me when we met, she seemed nice enough but yet my little voice kept whispering something negative in my ear. Oh brother, here we go aqgain!

#203458 - 05/14/10 06:13 AM Re: New girlfriend... [Re: chatty lady]
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
It's hard to watch our adult children make poor choices..especially when it comes to their significant others..My poor tongue is so sore from biting it to keep quiet...but I have that same little voice whispering in my ear Chatty...what can I say?? I pray alot and eat chocolate..:)

People may not remember exactly what you said or what you did...but they will always remember how you made them feel

#203459 - 05/14/10 06:20 AM Re: New girlfriend... [Re: AvalonBlondi]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Chatty, do you think the same thoughts might have been going through your son's head? Hopefully so. It does say so much about this woman. Has he spoken of marriage? If not, I would keep mum...maybe it's just a fling.

#203464 - 05/14/10 10:15 AM Re: New girlfriend... [Re: Edelweiss2]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Mums the word and Gods I hope it's just a fling...Staying away from the chocolate but tongue biting has become a sport for me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved