The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 154 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#206129 - 07/25/10 10:07 PM Adopted son
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
I can't remember if ya'll remember me telling you about the Time Capsule I found in my attic about 4 years ago...it was made by a little kid around the age of ten who used to live in our house...I managed to track him down via his name Jon Miller that was inside the Time Capsule via the internet (it's a wonderful thang). I contacted his mom who had Jon meet us and it's been a wonderful relationship ever since. I've adopted Jon in my heart as if he were my own son and this afternoon I got to poking through his youtube music and found this...he's the sweetest young man and I think this was one of this early, early songs...hope ya'll enjoy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSmwtqMUKEM
Jon calls me his 2nd mom so I get to brag on him... smile

#206130 - 07/25/10 11:16 PM Re: Adopted son [Re: Dee]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
What a neat story, Dee! I love Jon's music...I had a listen to his song "Instrument", very moving.

(Maya Angelou)

#206134 - 07/26/10 02:40 AM Re: Adopted son [Re: Eagle Heart]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Oh Dee...I love stories like this! When was the time capsule planted? How many years was it there? How old was he/is he now?

I think time capsules are so neat!

#206150 - 07/26/10 01:23 PM Re: Adopted son [Re: Di]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Di he was about 9 or 10 when he hid his time capsule...when I found he he was in his mid-20's...so I'd say about ten years or so? He was sure surprised to get it and even more surprised that we found it. His Mom was tickeled to death. I don't have boys of my own to bragg on now, so I know Jon won't mind... smile

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved