I just got back from a family reunion in Oregon. There were 27 of us, from my husband's side of the family. It was a really nice time with no drama, which was great because that can happen occasionally.

My hubby has 4 siblings, all were there. His dad was there as well - 87 years old. Then the kids, and now 2 grandkids with another on the way. My 2 boys weren't able to make it, plus just a couple others.

My SIL has 10 acres with a pool, so there was plenty of room to roam or relax. The sisters had made up a list of teams for who was on meal prep and cleanup. Worked out great, since there were so many of us. All I had to do was help with prep Friday night, then help with clean up Saturday night. We were there for 3 full days.

My niece made up matching tie-dye shirts for all of us, white with green and orange – colors of the Irish flag. We took lots of photos; I’ll upload a few when I get time – might not be until this weekend. We didn’t do any organized games or activities, other than meal times for 3 dinners and 1 breakfast. Lunch was leftovers or on your own. There was horseshoes, swimming, but mostly lounging. I read an entire book, which was wonderful.

Have you attended a family reunion lately? With smaller families and people moving farther away, it seems like they aren’t the same as they used to be. We had a huge one every 2 years when I was a kid, but the older folks have passed away and the aunts and uncles don’t talk anymore and the cousins rarely communicate.

Tell me about your experience with family reunions!