I watched my first episode of Beyond Scared Straight...wow, truly an amazing documentary about putting troubled teens heading down the wrong path in with criminals who try to convince them to turn their life around. It's sad it has to take such an extreme tactic before getting some teens to wake up about their behavior, and for one girl, she's not doing so well and is in juvi. I was impressed with one girl whom I though was the biggest smart-alec becuase she really turned herself around, respects her parents and is doing well in school. One of the girls whose mother she saw in the prison broke my heart. However, she's doing really, really good and does not want to be like her mom and spend her life in jail.
Really good program...if you've never seen it, give it a try or if you have watched it, what do you think? Know anyone in your own family you'd like to see be scared straight?