I just returned from a week in the Florida Keys. We go several times a year and stay at an apartment near the Long Key State Park. It's a great place to relax and unwind and get away from the day to day stress.

We take our pets with us. Our dog, Jack and our parrot, Bailey. They enjoy being on vacation too. I would miss them terribly if we didn't bring them, and wouldn't enjoy my vacation at all, knowing they were away from me.

Do you take your pets on vacation with you? Or do you board them? How do you like the kennels? Have you visited them unannounced to see how they work? I haven't found a kennel I really truly love, so am hesitant to leave Jack in one.

My husband would rather we left the pets in a kennel, but indulges me. While he is off diving every day, I'm at the apartment. If I didn't have my pets with me, I'd be alone. They keep me company. I can't dive because of an ear problem, so I can't go with him.

The keys are only 6 hours from us, so we can make the trip, easily. I usually drive because I make a terrible passenger. I get all anxious and nervous. But, behind the wheel, I'm fine. Go figure.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog