The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#87421 - 09/05/06 03:41 PM Martha
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I don't watch TV during the day, but THE SON has a bad habit of turning it on first thing in the morning and then not turning it off when he leaves for work.

Anyway, I just walked by the TV in the den and noticed that Martha Stewart's show was on.

In my opinion, jail time did nothing to stop this diva. Her magazines, show, and everything else, from all appearances, seems to have picked right back up where they left off. Almost like a soap opera. You can watch it for ten years, skip five years, then go back and start watching it again and nothing has changed.

What do you think? Do you think jail time hurt Martha's empire? Or Martha? Will we ever really know?

JJ

#87422 - 09/05/06 07:31 PM Re: Martha [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
It may have hurt her pride some in the beginning but people rallied around her and she certainly didn't suffer financially. As a part of her probation or whatever you call it, she can't be CEO of any company for a certain number of years, ten I think. But hell, she still runs the show, the title doesn't mean diddley...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#87423 - 09/05/06 07:46 PM Re: Martha [Re: chatty lady]
flossie Offline

Loc: New Zealand
JJ, we have Martha on here too and they are fairly recent shows. I don't think jail time hurt her at all.

She certainly looks great for her age too!!

#87424 - 09/06/06 12:31 AM Re: Martha [Re: flossie]
Pam R. Offline

I don't know how I feel about Martha. Sometimes I think the system "used her" to set an example and then I feel that she got the raw deal. Sure, if it were any one of us, they would have thrown away the key. I just don't know...I never was a big fan of hers anyway. She talks too low and so monotone!!!

#87425 - 09/06/06 12:59 AM Re: Martha [Re: Pam R.]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Pam, I'm not a fan of hers either. But I think there may be something to the "making an example out of her" thing. I think she may have even stepped on the wrong toes, too. I have mixed emotions about her "crime" and about the punishment. You have to give it to the woman though...she showed them. She is just as well off now as she was then. I mean as far as drive, ambition, etc...they DID NOT break her spirit. Good for her, I say.

I'll say this though...if they took all the money spent on her trial (which WE would not have had) and the publicity about it, they could feed a lot of homeless people, shelter a lot of battered children, and abused women, and on and on...

Celeb's get too much cushion, if you ask me.

JJ

#87426 - 09/06/06 01:23 PM Re: Martha [Re: jawjaw]
Jane_Carroll Offline

I agree with Pam and JJ. I was never a fan of Martha's. I thought the show was unrealistic and rarely watched it...but I thought the system was either using her or punishing her for something else...like going to the cigar bar at the club ...what she did was wrong but we've seen presidents barely get a wrist slap for worse...

Anyway...whether I like her or not, I'm glad she has rallied.

#87427 - 09/07/06 03:54 PM Re: Martha [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I'm with you queenie. She sure did show them. And like it, or not...she showed that you can put a woman through hell on earth and she'll come back stronger than ever. I am amazed at her tenacity. Aren't you?

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved