The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 111 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#60146 - 01/19/05 02:34 AM I want some cheese with my Whine!
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Anyone trying to eat healthier? The more I learn, the more I feel I have to go back to the hunter/ gatherer days to actually eat a nutritious, healthy meal.
If I drink diet colas or fat free yogurts, I get Aspartame. If I eat salad, I need to skip the dressing.Too much red meat, not enough fish. Fish has mercury.Don't drink the tap water, bottled water is harmful.Eat more pork, don't feed pork to your dog, it is poison to him.Blue cheese, cottage cheese, skim milk mozza cheese!!!

AGGGgHHHHhh.

I am dressed in my grass skirt(no insects were harmed in the making of this skirt)and coconut knocker covers and on my way to my favorite berry and NUTS grounds.Wish me luck!

chick [Confused]

#60147 - 01/19/05 04:41 AM Re: I want some cheese with my Whine!
unique Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Chick, I am sooo with you on this. Eat right, exercise, die anyway.... [Razz]

#60148 - 01/20/05 01:21 AM Re: I want some cheese with my Whine!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
chick, I hear you. I live with two diabetics in the house. I'm definitely dying from whatever is in sugar-free food/drinks. [Wink]

#60149 - 01/20/05 03:20 AM Re: I want some cheese with my Whine!
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
We're gonna die from something anyway so I'll just eat like I do now and be happy.

#60150 - 01/20/05 05:26 AM Re: I want some cheese with my Whine!
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Dianne, your post reminds me of a shell silverstein song. Like all his stuff, it's great. I found the words:::

So youre takin better care of your body,
becoming more aware of your body,
responding to your bodys needs.
Everything you hear and read
about diets, nutrition
and sleeping position.
Detoxifying your system.
Buying machines that they advertise
to help you exercise,
herbs to revitalize
you
if youre traumatized,
soaps that will sanitize,
sprays to deodorize.
Liquids to neutralize
acids and pesticides.
Free weights to maximize
your strength and muscle size.
Shots that will immunize,
pills to re energize you.

But remember that
for all your pain
and gain,
eventually the story ends the same....
Youre still gonna die.

It's so cute. I have it in the car and can't help but laugh at myself every time I play it, especially if I'm on the way to the health food store or to exercise (previously). [Smile]
smile

#60151 - 01/20/05 10:14 PM Re: I want some cheese with my Whine!
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I love it! Also, The Rolling Stones...Can't Get No Satisfaction...

#60152 - 01/21/05 02:27 AM Re: I want some cheese with my Whine!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I heard this the other day and can't for the life of me remember where or from whom...

We begin dying the moment of our birth..

Yuk, what a thought but its true... [Frown]

#60153 - 01/21/05 09:15 PM Re: I want some cheese with my Whine!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
one of my favorites from Peter Spier's book, People...And in the end we all must die. Yup, that's what happens. [Big Grin]

#60154 - 02/06/05 07:19 AM Re: I want some cheese with my Whine!
Sigrid Macdonald Offline

Loc: Ottawa, Ontario
Chick, Isn't that the truth? I've been following a modified version of the Atkins diet for several years in order to stabilize my blood sugar because I have a severe case of hypoglycemia. For awhile, I was eating a lot of fish since I thought that was healthy, but then I developed mercury poisoning!

So I had to switch to red meat and poultry, which can't possibly be healthy because one is full of fat and the other is full of antibiotics. I avoid soy products because I have a thyroid problem and daily doses of soy are not recommended, and I'm allergic to dairy and nuts! What does that leave to eat when I have to have a protein every two hours?

I had to go off all white flour, white sugar, rice, potatoes, carrots, high carb food, junk food -- clearly, no alcohol allowed or even juice. My favorite saying lately is "If there's a Heaven, I'm not going if there's no chocolate!"

If I didn't have the hypoglycemia, I would just forget about all of the other warnings and eat sensibly most of the time. Then occasionally, I would pig out on the fun stuff because, hey, life is short. And we're carnal creatures. Food and drink are one of life's greatest pleasures.

Good luck with your eating plan :-)
Sigrid

#60155 - 02/06/05 04:10 PM Re: I want some cheese with my Whine!
unique Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Sigrid, if you can't eat any of the stuff that is listed, what in the world is left that you CAN eat? Poor thing, you must be hungry all the time!! I hope it never happens to me: the 3 major food groups are caffeine, nicotine, and sugar. I'd starve!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved