The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 101 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#60252 - 05/24/05 09:27 PM Life in general
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
O.K. ladies, if you don't hear from me it's because I've taken the plunge and run away from home.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

I have to preface this "fine whine" with "I have a "visitor" in town" (ahem). I am miserable.

Hubby is driving me to eat apple pie - his work is not going well (for the past couple of months) and if he doesn't sell, we don't eat or pay bills. I am soooooo tired of living on a "commisioned sales income". He has the opportunity to learn the "water purification" sales and instillation business from a friend - but is afraid of "how long it will take" him to build it into a lucritive endeavor. ughhhh.

I'm thinking about going up the street and selling off parts of myself for cash. Just kidding. It's times like this I think about getting another job, but I know it isn't the answer.

Sorry girls, feeling really blue. Just needed to vent. I KNOW this too will pass...I'm just tired of the storm!

Danita

#60253 - 05/24/05 10:45 PM Re: Life in general
DallasGal Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Danita, on days like today, I usually drop everything and go and spend an hour or two petting my Siberian Husky, Kaitlyn and being loved on, leaned against and lap-invaded by Lena, my Australian Shepherd.

So I am sending their kind of love and "warm fuzzies" your way.

#60254 - 05/24/05 10:54 PM Re: Life in general
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Somedays everything just looks so impossibly complicated, frustrating and too much bother to try and get through. I'm glad we have here to come to on those days. Even if it doesn't change the actual circumstances, it just feels better to have a place to come, a collective shoulder to cry on, a loving pat on the back that says, it's going to be okay, we love you and are with you. Consider my hand one of those loving, understanding pats on your weary back.

#60255 - 05/24/05 11:13 PM Re: Life in general
Danita Offline

Thank you soooo much ladies. You are right - it's good to have a place to come and just vent..and to know one is not "alone in the world"!

Danita

#60256 - 05/25/05 02:04 AM Re: Life in general
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Those days suck. I've often thought of selling my body too but then the guy might ask for change and I only charged five cents...well.

I turn on my VCR and watch funny movies. It always brings me out of my slump.

#60257 - 05/25/05 02:13 AM Re: Life in general
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Some days sweetie, it isn't worth chewing thru the restraints....but I've found that if you get a good nights rest, everything looks brighter in the morn...

Hang in there. We're riding the storm with you.

JJ

#60258 - 05/25/05 02:27 AM Re: Life in general
Danita Offline

((Giggles))!!!

Layed on the trampoiline with my teenage daughter, soaked in 15 mins of sunlight to pick up my mood. Ate more apple pie. :0)

Talked to Dotsie on the phone (don't hate me)...she is as lovely on the phone as she is on the web! I want her to be my new best friend. I could have talked with her for HOURS!

Snarled at my miserable husband. MEN! I'm ignoring him and HIS mood. lol.

Ya, selling my body is risky business - but sounds like cheap entertainment (for somebody).

I'm just not going to let the details bog me down. Life goes on!

Tks for the encouragement! Tomorow will be a new day. THANK GOD!

danita

#60259 - 05/25/05 02:54 AM Re: Life in general
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Danita, I am glad you feel better. Your daughter and apple pie, how sweet. Some times your worst days can turn into great ones.

What about the business Chatty was telling us about? On a temporary basis sounds good. I do Ebay because I get to yard sale all summer and sell in the winter while hibernating. I can help you if you are interested in doing that.

Tomorrow is a new day.
By the way, I'm glad you didn't run away.I'd miss you (sniff!)

If you decide to go ahead with selling the body parts? I've got a coupla hips I'd like to donate. [Roll Eyes]

Hang in there sister and I'll hang with you.

Luv
Andria

#60260 - 05/25/05 03:02 AM Re: Life in general
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I'll be needing a new hip in a few years. I wonder if I should pick one of those spare ones up now. I can just keep it in the pantry with all the cans of beans and tomato sauce until I need it, can't I? You know what they say, one person's junk is another person's treasure...

#60261 - 05/25/05 03:04 AM Re: Life in general
Danita Offline

That's right! (one person's junk!)

I have my hands way full, homeschooling, mothering, and a home based business. With my husband going through "his thing" it just makes me more determined to work harder!

Thanks again for the encouragement!

d

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved