The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 97 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#60339 - 07/09/05 04:24 AM Mrs Nice Guy strikes again...
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
This morning at 7:00 AM I was awaken by loud knocking on my back door, front gate was locked. The dogs went biserk as I jumped up, threw on a robe and answered the knocks...I was greeted by my cousin Connie, her husband Brett whom I've never met and their three children, Ronna 16, and her best friend Sarah 16, Jake 12, and little Ben 9...oh and don't let me forget Whiskers their mixed breed shaggy 40 dog. They came in carrying 2 boxes of sugar covered donuts (knew then I was in trouble.) It seems my dear Sainted mother has been telling all the relations she see's regularily because she has never left Indiana, to be sure to stop and see me when they get here because I don't live far from all the fun and have a nice home and work at home so my car just sits there. I was so graeful to finally find out why all these people I haven't seen for years and years considered me the Las Vegas welcome wagon and how they even knew where to find me. Explained why I couldn't eat a donut, told them I had an important appointment and would be glad to call some hotels to get them a room. Two hours later I finally got them out of my house, none to eager to leave I might add....Now I have never and would never disrespect my mother and know her heart is as big as her whole body BUT enough is enough....I called her just now and let her know AGAIN that I do not appreciate her telling people who are virtual strangers to me now, to stop by because they do it planing to mooch for a week or two. I then told her if it happened again I would move and not tell her where and would only give her my cell number...She knew I was upset and I think Mrs Nice Guy finally got the message, geesh..... [Eek!]

#60340 - 07/09/05 04:40 AM Re: Mrs Nice Guy strikes again...
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Chatty, you are going to have to get a sign for your yard (or maybe two. one for the front and one for the back too). It could say"

"The welcome wagon is out of operation due to lack of support.
Please send your cash donations to Chatty Lady at blah blah blah."

This could be your next money making operation.
smile

#60341 - 07/09/05 06:25 AM Re: Mrs Nice Guy strikes again...
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hi Chatty, that is so rude of these so called cousins to show up at 7 am! Where have their manners gone! What an imposition. You better put a closed sign on your bed and breakfast inn. LLL

#60342 - 07/09/05 11:48 AM Re: Mrs Nice Guy strikes again...
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
How rude!!

I would've kicked them out immediately and said "after you get your hotel, call me and maybe I'll stop by."

#60343 - 07/09/05 04:48 PM Re: Mrs Nice Guy strikes again...
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I wouldn't even show up at my OWN Mother's house at 7:00 a.m. unannounced. The reason people like that DON'T call is that they know you would say no room at the Chatty Inn. They figured eyeball to eyeball you wouldn't refuse. How positively rude.

I would have had to say, "Well, bless your hearts. You all must be pooped. Let me pull out the phone book here and we'll get you a room in a jiffy!" Then I'd call the most EXPENSIVE place there was in Vegas and book um...with their credit card. Doubt they'd bother you again... and I bet they would spread the word once they got home too.

Poor Chatty. People just take advantage of your goodness right and left. Another, bless your heart.

JJ

#60344 - 07/09/05 06:13 PM Re: Mrs Nice Guy strikes again...
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
They brought their dog too! Good grief Louise.

#60345 - 07/10/05 01:22 AM Re: Mrs Nice Guy strikes again...
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Heck they not only brought the dog but their daughter had a girlfriend along....Rest of the story is they never checked into the hotel I called for them and left Vegas to drive up to Orange California where the husbands brother lives. I did say let me call a nice hotel for you all right off the bat, so they knew this was not going to work for them, no mooching today. It would be different I think if these were people I knew well and had kept in contact with. I can always make room for someone in need but this as Georgia says, was just plain rude! I talked to my mother today and she understands and says from now on she won't even mention me to anyone coming in this direction. Or if she does, she won't act like I am Las Vegas's answer to the Welcome Wagon...case closed. [Roll Eyes]

#60346 - 07/10/05 01:29 AM Re: Mrs Nice Guy strikes again...
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Well, good ridance! Now, if da Queen comes out there---what? Okay, okay, I hear ya! I hear ya! I was just joshn' Ms C.

Besides, if I came out there I don't even NEED a room. You would have to pry my fingers off the slot machines first! hahaha....

JJ

#60347 - 07/10/05 07:37 AM Re: Mrs Nice Guy strikes again...
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
In days gone by, folks would put signs up on their door---which, btw, I think if someone is close enough to read the sign, they are already WAAAAAYYYYY to close!!!!---but the sign said something about disease or the plague or something gruesome like that.

But...dumb people being dumb and all that...they wouldn't get the hint anyway.

#60348 - 07/18/05 01:29 AM Re: Mrs Nice Guy strikes again...
chatty lady Offline
Writer

When these strangers and they are strangers except for a cousin whom I last saw when I was 12 which is 53 years ago. I got married, had 2 sons, my husband died and never did I hear one word from this person who lived at that time in the same town I lived in. Now all these years later she pops up at my door with a husband, 3 of her own kids and her daughters friend, and their dog. Oh and with enough luggage to last quite awhile. I fed them breakfast and merrily sent them on their way. I am not a wealthy person and I am quite involved with the elderly who I spend alot of time with and also foster sick and/or abused animals. Its unfortunate that living in Las Vegas makes people a target for moochers, not friends or relatives but low lifes that only want to use people. You madame don't know anything about me. I might inquire as to where these people you have helped are now that you are in dire straits? Your whine not mine! We agree to disagree in this forum so your opinions and sermon has been duly noted.... [Roll Eyes]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved