The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 190 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#60917 - 12/12/05 06:23 PM I AM NOT LEAVING MY HOUSE TILL JAN 1ST
KAY B Offline

Loc: Long Island, New York
I AM NOT LEAVING MY HOUSE TILL JANUARY 1ST!!! [Embarrassed]

I avoid the post office this time of year...I am usually there by the 1st of December to mail my cards & any packages that need to go out. (or the packages go UPS or in Jan!! [Smile] )

This morning I was backing out of the parking spot at the post office...and the idiot waiting for my spot saw someone back out afew spots down the row. As I am continuing to back out--he speeds around me & I almost slammed into him. The topper of my morning--the guy gets out of his car & just stands there blocking my way. He just stands there & gives me the finger!!!

The animals are out in full force....beware! Someone left the zoo gates open!!!

#60918 - 12/12/05 06:49 PM Re: I AM NOT LEAVING MY HOUSE TILL JAN 1ST
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Did you tell him to have a Merry Christmas too?

Tis the season to be jolly...not! I'm avoiding going out too. It's just scary out there.

#60919 - 12/12/05 07:47 PM Re: I AM NOT LEAVING MY HOUSE TILL JAN 1ST
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Kay B.
I can remember a time when people were extra nice and wished you a Merry Christmas . Now , all they do is get out of my way and growl at you . Now I am worried I am going to the post office today . Keep you posted . We were at the Mall yesterday , not too bad . Not like it use to be of days gone by .

To Be Contined!

#60920 - 12/13/05 08:04 AM Re: I AM NOT LEAVING MY HOUSE TILL JAN 1ST
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
Same thing happened to my daughter Sat. Was backing out of her parking space, no one in sight, then all of the sudden, Bammm.
Was her first mishap in 4 years.

Not sure about anyone else's area but, this place is bad for people trying to rush behind you when you half way out of a parking space.

What's worse is blowing the horn off, after trying to race past and not quite making it.

#60921 - 12/13/05 08:23 AM Re: I AM NOT LEAVING MY HOUSE TILL JAN 1ST
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Kay B,,,that realy stinks!!! Nothing gets my heart in spasms like road rage...that guy should be ashamed of himself...what kind of jerk gives a lady the finger for goodness sake..don't let it ruin your day...we all love you...((((HUG))))

#60922 - 12/13/05 08:31 AM Re: I AM NOT LEAVING MY HOUSE TILL JAN 1ST
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yep, this road rage stuff is scary! After spending Saturday driving from shopping center, store to store with my mother (who by the way was able to nap inbetween shopping centers as I drove), delivered her and her packages home safely after 7 PM, I headed to Moes for dinner.

Arriving at Moes, I saw a car backing out, turned on my blinker, waived in thanks and commenced to pull in, and some delta alpha kid in a truck w/ his hillbilly girlfriend pulled in and laughed at me! Ohhhhh! I was so hot! Well, I went into Moes, jumped ahead of the line and was out of there quick as you can say lickity split 20 times!

#60923 - 12/13/05 08:44 AM Re: I AM NOT LEAVING MY HOUSE TILL JAN 1ST
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Well you all need to move here! We have mountains and springs of healing waters. People here are mellow and friendly. It's not perfect, but I've seen more peace and joy in people's eyes here than anywhere else.

#60924 - 12/13/05 08:58 AM Re: I AM NOT LEAVING MY HOUSE TILL JAN 1ST
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
We often take our 4-1/2 year old granddaughter out for lunch after church on Sundays. Sometimes we go shopping after lunch for a toy that she just HAS to have, but we told her at the beginning of December that we wouldn't be doing any more shopping until after Christmas.

So yesterday, while zillions of people were fighting for parking spaces and lining up at the cash registers, we played at McDonald's for about an hour and a half, and she had a wonderful time. For once it wasn't crowded (they were all over at the Walmart across the street!) so she had a lot of fun with another little girl there.

Not quite as peaceful as mountains and healing springs (you're making me drool here, Bluebird!), but it turned out to be a very pleasant day.

#60925 - 12/12/05 09:11 PM Re: I AM NOT LEAVING MY HOUSE TILL JAN 1ST
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Just a further thought to my previous post. Our granddaughter had been playing at McDonalds for a few moments when she came running over to me, all upset because some little girl was sitting in a crucial part of the play equipment not allowing her (my GD) to pass by. So we talked about it, and I was trying to give her "words" to use to resolve the impasse...like standing up for herself, she has as much right to be there as anyone else, that little girl doesn't own the playground it's for everyone. None of those seemed to appeal to her at all. Then she pointed out the girl to me and I noticed she had a birthday crown on. So I told my GD that sometimes saying something NICE to someone makes the difference. And I suggested that if they ran into each other again, that she say Happy Birthday to the little girl. Her eyes brightened up at that suggestion and off she ran.

I watched, and sure enough this other little girl started giving my GD a hard time. But GD started singing Happy Birthday to her. The other girl said it wasn't her birthday and pointed out the birthday girl, and then started playing with my GD and they had a WONDERFUL time together for the next hour or so.

GD talked about it with me afterward and told me that she sang Happy Birthday to the mean girl and then she was nice to her. So I told that saying nice things in those situations won't ALWAYS work, but it's worth trying! She actually seemed to "get it".

#60926 - 12/12/05 09:36 PM Re: I AM NOT LEAVING MY HOUSE TILL JAN 1ST
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
Eagle,

What a beautiful story. Your GD is lucky to have you for a role model!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved