The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 135 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#61145 - 01/25/06 07:14 PM Those Plastic Security Tags
ladybug Offline

On Monday night my daughter and I went clothes shopping. When I got home to look at our purchases and cut off the tags I noticed the sales clerk had forgotten to remove that heavy, plastic "security" tag on the one item.

I surely was not going to go all the way back to the mall to have her take it off. My daughter said, "you could leave it on and make a fashion statement." I said, "like what? I stole this jacket." We both laughed.

The next day while relatng it to a friend she cautioned me about trying to take it off myself. So last night I hauled my reluctant self back to the store where I purchased it. The clerk told me that if I had tried to remove it myself a type of permanent ink would've stained my hands and ruined the jacket as well. I could just imagine walking into a store with ink stained hands that say to everyone, she's a thief.

I hear this happens quite often but it's a first for me. How did she remember to remove all the security tags on the other items and not this one?

This is to serve as a warning if it happens to one of you. Take it back to the store and have the clerk properly remove the tag.

[ January 25, 2006, 12:36 PM: Message edited by: ladybug ]

#61146 - 01/26/06 08:54 AM Re: Those Plastic Security Tags
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
If the security tag was left on, how come you didn't "beep" on the way out?

#61147 - 01/25/06 09:11 PM Re: Those Plastic Security Tags
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
I wondered the same thing, Bluebird. But I guess that doesn't always happen. I watch very carefully to be sure those plastic tags are removed before I leave the check-out counter. It's kind of a sad commentary on our society that such precautions are routinely necessary.

#61148 - 01/25/06 09:23 PM Re: Those Plastic Security Tags
ladybug Offline

I asked the clerk the same thing. She said it's deactivated when you pay for the item at the check out, but I wonder because I've seen others set it off.

#61149 - 01/25/06 09:32 PM Re: Those Plastic Security Tags
Bluebird Offline

I don't get why they would deactivate it if it's going to be removed anyway. Usually, the security barcodes that have to be deactivated are the ones that go on electronics and such. They don't remove those.
I agree with you, Jackie, that it is a sad commentary. It is always the honest citizens that have to put up with hassles because of the criminals and those who think they should get something for nothing.

#61150 - 01/25/06 09:37 PM Re: Those Plastic Security Tags
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
My son received a leather jacket for Christmas from his girlfriend...the security tag left on. Up and under the lining...the clerk said it was deactivated at check-out, but, it was a good thing he didn't try to remove it on his own... otherwise the ink would have been everywhere.

#61151 - 01/25/06 09:48 PM Re: Those Plastic Security Tags
ladybug Offline

We pay for these "security" measures in higher costs for clothing.

It sure was annoying finding that thing still attached and knowing my jacket would be ruined if I tried to take it off myself.

Unfortunately we have to put up with this stuff because of criminals.

#61152 - 01/25/06 11:59 PM Re: Those Plastic Security Tags
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
It's also happened to us, but at Chirstmas. On eof the kids got a ajcket and the tag was still on it. Not too big a problem because the store was only five minutes away.

I love it when you're shopping and go near the entrance with some clothes in your hand. The alarm goes off and everyone looks at you like you're trying to get out the door.

#61153 - 01/26/06 12:04 AM Re: Those Plastic Security Tags
Bluebird Offline

Wow, I guess this happens A LOT!!

#61154 - 01/26/06 01:15 AM Re: Those Plastic Security Tags
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
We even have one of those alarms in our public library. Sometimes the librarians neglect to deactivate the books, and the beeper goes off when you leave. Everyone knows and laughs about it, but it's still annoying and embarrassing.

My dad's career was in retail. It always amazed him how creative thieves could be in devising methods to shoplift. Of course, that was long before the day of plastic tags and beepers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved