The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 148 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#113568 - 04/03/07 08:18 PM Luggage Issues
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Ever lost luggage? Was it ever returned or found? Although it's been 13 days since I traveled, my luggage isn't here yet. Each time I call the airline, I just get the answering machine. I've left messages, both on the local (Boston)number and on the general office for luggage claims of that Airline.

Have any of you needed to search for a more resourceful solution? It's been a week since I last received a call from them saying they're still "looking for it"! I have the luggage well-identified, so still have hope that it might turn up somewhere, it it's God's will .
NABBW & NAWW

#113569 - 04/03/07 09:00 PM Re: Luggage Issues [Re: Songbird]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I've had luggage lost but it was always returned within a couple of days. I hate to say this but I have a feeling you may never see it again. How frustrating!

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#113570 - 04/03/07 09:07 PM Re: Luggage Issues [Re: Dianne]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Wow, that is way too long, Song. I think it is time to file a claim. Write to the airlines and send it with a return signature receipt.

#113571 - 04/04/07 02:53 PM Re: Luggage Issues [Re: Anno]
Songbird Offline

Thanks for the tip, Anno. It IS way too long to not have any info yet.
NABBW & NAWW

#113572 - 04/05/07 01:01 AM Re: Luggage Issues [Re: Songbird]
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
songbird,

I'm assuming you reported the loss at the airport on the day it didn't arrive?

What airline were you flying?

I worked baggage for alaska airlines - their not calling you back is totally unacceptable.

Their "central baggage" should have contacted you by now so that you may place a claim.

I would call the airlines main customer service number and place a complaint with them

danita

My most recent story for my mom:
http://www.heritagemakers.com/projectBro...tSponsor=384221

#113573 - 04/05/07 10:22 PM Re: Luggage Issues [Re: Danita]
Songbird Offline

---It's Jet Blue airlines---
I did report it at the airport. All they did was give me a report #. 3 days later they called and asked for description and color of some cloting, still searching.
Last time I heard from them was tuesday, 3-27th, saying "still searching".
But I've called a number of times and all I get is an answering machine, leave a message and wait.
TODAY I finally was able to speak with a live rep. who gave me a number to call (with an extension # and the name of my assigned Claims Rep.) I called and left yet another messate. Hopefully she'll return my call. It's been 15 days tonight since I arrived.
NABBW & NAWW

#113574 - 04/06/07 03:23 AM Re: Luggage Issues [Re: Songbird]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Have you written to them yet, Song?

Didn't Jet Blue just have some bad press for something recently? And aren't they trying to build their rep back up?

It's time to play a bigger card, here, Song. Bring it up a notch.

#113575 - 04/06/07 12:50 PM Re: Luggage Issues [Re: Anno]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Songbird,
As you know my luggage was lost on my trip back from Dotsieland. They did find it the next day though and all is well. I totally understand the sick feeling in the pit of your tummy, cause that's what I had when I realized that pictures of my family were in those bags!

But all is well on my end. I hope and pray they find yours!

#113576 - 04/07/07 02:08 AM Re: Luggage Issues [Re: jawjaw]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Song, they should at least tell you where it was last checked in. They computerize it. Way too long to still be on this. I agree, tell them you want some answers and soon.

#113577 - 04/07/07 12:17 PM Re: Luggage Issues [Re: chickadee]
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
One should NEVER pack anything that is "un-replaceable" in their suitcase they are checking. This include medications you desperately need to take.

The "baggage system" is not as systematic as you might think. The only thing that is really kept track of - is where it is checked in and where the tag said it was going. There is no tracking in between (contrary to popular belief).

Even on DIRECT flights - baggage mishandling occurs.

So, I've learned through working at the airport - if you are going somewhere and not having your swimsuit would be a catastrophe - then pack it in your carry on bag.

The financial daily restitution that the airlines gives you for lost bags is PATHETIC. You couldn't even begin to replace missing items (I'm talking about what they will allow you to spend when you are away from home and your bags did not arrive).

danita

My most recent story for my mom:
http://www.heritagemakers.com/projectBro...tSponsor=384221

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved