The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 126 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#133917 - 12/06/07 01:52 PM Cars and cold climates!!
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Yes, this is whiny but it's cumulative with everything else that's happening. Just went to get into my "warmed up" car to meet with a nursing home/rehab discharge planner about business and found my fan had died....no defroster or heat....and it's 2 degrees above 0 here. Sat there and cried like a baby! I know it's not the end of the world....hardly.....but when too much gangs up at once, you feel like you've got very little sanity reserved for anything. This would be one of those moments. Just thought I'd share. I think I'll call a cab and go to the airport and take a flight ANYWHERE south!!!!!!

#133918 - 12/06/07 01:59 PM Re: Cars and cold climates!! [Re: ladyjane]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Ladyjane, I wish we lived closer - I'd send over my hubby to fix the car and come over myself with a nice hot cup of tea to help soothe your spirit. This type of weather is so frustrating and, well, heavy on the spirit. We're so laden down with clothes and boots and kleenix...I understand fully the tears and meltdown!!!

Do you have a way to plug the car in at night? We have a block heater and hubby plugs it in every night. That doesn't help you today, but would be one less worry.

I'm so sorry for your rotten start to the day. I'm heading out myself soon, and will carry you in heart and prayer all day...it's got to get better from here!

(Maya Angelou)

#133919 - 12/06/07 02:54 PM Re: Cars and cold climates!! [Re: Eagle Heart]
ladyjane Offline

I think it's a blower fan possibly. The engine is fine....I just can't turn on the heater/defoster. Yes, it's a hard season to deal with although I usually don't mind much. It's just that there's too many other negatives lately. So this just feels like "one more thing" to hack away at my sanity. My hubby will be blessed with the problem later and so thrilled, I'm sure. He does have a nice garage and can do most anything in the way of engines, etc. But he's sick of my car now, too. It's had several problems this year alone (remember the brakes letting go a couple of months ago?) Anyway, how I'd love to see you at my door with your snowy boots and kleenex....and tea!

#133921 - 12/06/07 06:30 PM Re: Cars and cold climates!! [Re: ]
ladyjane Offline

Oh Anne, how I wish he would! (How I wish he COULD!) Things are so bad financially we can't even buy a candy cane this year. He called so he knows that yet again this wonderful heap of metal is in trouble again. Why can't things like this happen in August when you don't HAVE to care about heat and defrosting!

#133922 - 12/06/07 08:31 PM Re: Cars and cold climates!! [Re: ladyjane]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
LadyJane, so sorry to hear about the car breakdown. When it rains....it pours.

Just a thought. Would it be better to be employed and have a steady income instead of running your own business? Before I started my business, I worked for a real estate company. I always had in mind that I would want to do this on my own. I managed to save a good starting capital on the side. It was enough to keep us over water for half a year, just in case I wouldn’t sell anything.

It's rough to go on your own without that capital. The odd thing is, when you have that financial backup, setting up your own business isn’t stressful. Clients sense that, which makes for a lucrative business atmosphere.

#133923 - 12/06/07 09:27 PM Re: Cars and cold climates!! [Re: Edelweiss]
ladyjane Offline

Absolutely and my thoughts exactly! I new I was doing things backwards but.....anyway, I think I'm going for a job immediately if not sooner. Once I can at least breathe and pay my bills I'll feel a lot better. Now I'm thinking still of doing my business on the side until I can completely afford to just be the grand queen of my home care. You're right...wayyy too much stress this way. I feel like I'm losing my marbles.

#133924 - 12/06/07 11:29 PM Re: Cars and cold climates!! [Re: ladyjane]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Ladyjane, if I wasn't on social security retirement too besides my own business I would have no fingernails left. I could never feel comfortable knowing each editing job was THAT important. Sometimes I have three or four in house and other times two months goes by with nata, none, drive river bed ahead...

So even if you get a part time gig, it will make all the difference knowing exactly how much will be coming in every month, week, whatever...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved