The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 206 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#156086 - 08/12/08 05:11 PM moodiness BUGS me!
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
[color:#990000] [i] [size:11pt] It's just me but moodiness ticks my bird! You know the kind of person who says they are "alright," but carries a mood about all day or while you are with them? UGH! Why do people do this?
I am not moody. When something ticks my bird, it's coming out, and hopefully in a civilized way. I can't sustain a "mood," thta is negative and I can't watch people who can!
Is it me?
Have you known someone who is?
What do you do about this?

Okay, I'm bringing out the astrologer here:\
People of the sign of Cancer can be moody. Is there a Cancer in the house?
Chatty?
What do you do when around a moody person?
You can tell it bugs me, can't you?

I find it is deceptive as much as someone who holds a grudge or is jealous. It's dangerous and can blow at anyone!

I find it's like a "whiner," if you know what I mean.

I need help on this so go for it, sista's!

Gawd!

Dancer

"Question your privilege"

#156088 - 08/12/08 05:18 PM Re: moodiness BUGS me! [Re: dancer9]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
It comes down to understanding how other people tick, and what they do to cope.

#156099 - 08/12/08 07:02 PM Re: moodiness BUGS me! [Re: gims]
Mountain Ash Offline

Well Dancer
a wise man told me that what bugs us most in a person (really bugs) is a part of ourselves we dont admit to.That we are blind to that part of us.
A wise man told him that.
During training we were asked what topic could we NOT counsel another in...again we were told that was a grey area for us and to work with our supervisor on it.
I am open to what others say and have experienced.
Mountain ash

#156110 - 08/12/08 09:48 PM Re: moodiness BUGS me! [Re: Mountain Ash]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I'm Cancer and I'm moody and always have been. And I'm sure that it's probably one of the reasons why I've also always been a misfit, including in my own family, because one sad thing I've learned is that many people (including my own Mother) just can't tolerate what they cannot understand. I'm so blessed to have close faithful friends who know me, moods and all, and know that there's so much more beauty and depth to me that the "mood of the moment".

One thing I can say with certainty is that my moodiness is rarely rooted in jealousy, nor do I tend to hold grudges. Everyone's different. My own moodiness is more often rooted in dealing with and healing from extensive verbal/emotional abuse and so many devastating losses over a very short period of time.

I have not yet evolved to the level of being able to control my feelings (which feed the moods) before I feel them. What I have learned to control is what to do with those feelings to lessen their impact on other people, which unfortunately, has often translated into social hibernation, which then snowballs into a whole other set of problems to deal with. And what I've also learned the hard way is that the more you squelch true feelings, the more apt they are to leak out in other ways, which can be far more damaging in the long run.

It's been said here before many times, that often it's the people we find hardest to love who need our love the most. I would dare to say that that could be true of the moody people I know...I know for certain that it's true for me.

Learning to cope with and manage one's quirks and idiosyncracies is a lifelong process. You can bet that most moody people know they're moody and wish they could turn it off and/or turn on the magic light switch to make it all go away. I haven't found the light switch yet, but am still searching.

(Maya Angelou)

#156124 - 08/12/08 11:02 PM Re: moodiness BUGS me! [Re: Eagle Heart]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Mountain Ash, I should have known that if I expressed this I would be told it was my shadow side. I don't like it because I can't help whant I dn't understand!

*It looks so very painful to maintain a mood without sharing the pain..

Eagle Heart, thank you SO much for telling me what it is like inside that mood! I can understand better what is going on! I thought it looked painful and again, want to help but have been told they "don't want to talk about it yet."

I see the inside of a mood and I can respect it more when understanding it.
Again, I thank you!

Dancer

"Question your privilege"

#156131 - 08/12/08 11:20 PM Re: moodiness BUGS me! [Re: dancer9]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Dancer, thank you for thanking me...I suppose that sounds strange, but so many people "out there" really don't care or want to know. I suppose we could use the cliche analogy of the onion, how we are made up of so many layers and to get to the heart and essence of some people, you sometimes have to peel away a lot of gungy-looking layers. It's worth the trouble, but not everyone wants to go there...some people prefer the salad bar where "what you see is what you get".

Okay, now I'm hungry. crazy

(Maya Angelou)

#156132 - 08/12/08 11:25 PM Re: moodiness BUGS me! [Re: dancer9]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
If you are not moody, Dancer, what is your mood?

I am generally a happy person, but I can get very angry, upset and sad. I get angry when I feel an injustice is happening. I get upset when I feel someone (especially me) is being wronged. I get sad when I feel lonely and left out.

Fortunately for me, I see the upside quite easily. I process happiness fairly easily. I imagine others see the downsides easier.

Dennis is moody, by his own definition. I guess I would not define him that way, but he does. Do you suppose that we each see ourselves and others through our own definitions of our emotions? Hmmmm...awkward sentence, I know. Let me try and clarify.

I have been told that I am hard on others. I don't see it. I am a strong personality, and want what I want. For some people that is defined as hard on others. For me I define it as open and honest.

Emotionally are we all hard-wired differently? Can we really label someone else, if our labels are really different?

Oh, I am going off on some different tangent, I believe.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#156168 - 08/13/08 06:06 AM Re: moodiness BUGS me! [Re: Anno]
gims Offline

Boy, Anno, you are so right-on!!!
I remember once when EW pointed out that people thought she wasn't happy, or was possibly mad (it's been awhile - not remembering exactly how she put it) because she had a naturally down-turned mouth. I have the same and know exactly what she spoke of. Back when I worked (in accounting), I'd be walking down or up a hall and someone would pass and see me thinking hard about something. They made mistakes, thinking I was upset, when I wasn't. The expression was a natural resting/contemplative expression - when I think, I think hard... get wrapped up in my thoughts, powerfully.

We all have moods, all of us. As for me, I don't think I show my moods that much (I wear a perpetually blah mood - it keeps me from getting hurt), so it'd take someone that really and truly knows me to interpret a mood of mine skillfully.... I'm speaking for myself here.
I dare say, most people don't have the talent (or sage-like skills) it takes to adequately understand another person's true mood, unless they live like moods. I know people who could bluff their way through the holocaust. I know people who practice not showing their moods. I know people who want their moods to be recognized... and so on.

#156171 - 08/13/08 06:29 AM Re: moodiness BUGS me! [Re: Mountain Ash]
gims Offline

Originally Posted By: Mountain Ash
...a wise man told me that
what bugs us most in a person (really bugs) is
a part of ourselves we dont admit to.That we are
blind to that part of us....

I've heard and read the similar...
Everything we experience (including encounters with others) is a projection of our fundamental nature. Thus, everything is showing us something about who we are...something like that...

#156251 - 08/13/08 09:40 PM Re: moodiness BUGS me! [Re: gims]
greene Offline

Loc: Atlanta,Georgia
I'm normally extremely moody (actually they call it bi-polar) but my moods are in no way related to what is going on in the world around me. They just change for no apparent reason. Over the years it has been very puzzling trying to figure out why I was feeling like I did. I think, for me at least, alot of it is subtle chemical changes in the brain. I say "normally moody" because right now I am not at all moody, I'm as stable as can be thanks to some excellent psychotropic medication!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved