The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 105 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#169692 - 01/01/09 10:36 PM Not acknowledging packages
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
GRRRRRR.....Just need to have a small whine. I sent an envelope to a family member..and two weeks later I had to ask if they got it! Granted, they apologized and said they, too, do not like it when others reply. But she'll do better next time.

Our business requires using Priority Mail, but this was personal. Plus, I had some stamps leftover and used First Class.

Helpful hint: If someone sends you something....even a card, do acknowledge it! It's courteous and helps one not to wonder if the Post Office ate it up!! I've had packages never arrive so it really concerns me until it gets there.

#169809 - 01/02/09 11:24 PM Re: Not acknowledging packages [Re: Di]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I agree one hundred percent Di. With the postal service as busy and overworked as they are, one never knows. Hate when anyone does not acknowledge a package sent to them.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#170428 - 01/08/09 02:29 PM Re: Not acknowledging packages [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
I agree with you two, too! It is only common courtesy to let the sender know whatever they sent, arrived safely!

#170439 - 01/08/09 04:05 PM Re: Not acknowledging packages [Re: jabber]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
My nephews never thanked me for their Christmas presents. So I stopped sending them. And I don't think they even noticed.

I had to get behind my sons to write thank you notes. A child hardly ever does that on his own,...so I really put the blame on the mother,...who meanwhile is divorced from my brother,....
I guess it was one of the reasons; she was too lay back on too many issues.

#170473 - 01/08/09 09:25 PM Re: Not acknowledging packages [Re: Edelweiss3]
DJ Offline

Loc: Ohio
The mother of my nieces is very gracious and warm, and has even been rather strict in their upbringing. But my nieces never thank any of us for anything. Now they're in their 20s, out of college, with good jobs, and I Know they got my gifts because I handed them to them. And still no thank -yous. One of them opened the present right in front of me, the other didn't so maybe it got lost? I don't know, but I'm weary of it.

#170485 - 01/08/09 11:21 PM Re: Not acknowledging packages [Re: DJ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Well my grandson once again didn't thank me for the check I sent him, he could always call me right? So no Christmas gift went his way this year, still no call, so I guess it doesn't matter one way or another.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#170540 - 01/09/09 02:47 PM Re: Not acknowledging packages [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Why is it so difficult for some people to say, "Thank you?" I don't get it!

#170548 - 01/09/09 03:34 PM Re: Not acknowledging packages [Re: jabber]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
I have to be honest...when we were growing up, Mom did not encourage Thank you notes. But, back then, families were so "local" that whenever we received, we thanked right there. So, sadly, my nieces/nephews do not do this because my sisters were not taught that. But still.....EVERYONE should know that THANK YOU (the magic word..HELLO!!) is appropriate.

Next time I want to send someone a gift, especially nieces/nephews, I think I'll tell my siblings to tell their kids that, Aunt Diane will send you something IF she can at least get a thank you note! Or call!

My sister's mother-in-law ALWAYS follows up with a Thank You phone call the day after she attends their home for dinner. VERY thoughtful.

#170676 - 01/10/09 02:56 PM Re: Not acknowledging packages [Re: Di]
jabber Offline

Agree. Thoughtfulness costs nothing, yet is highly valued!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved