The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 176 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#60567 - 09/08/05 04:37 AM Bank woes
KAY B Offline

Loc: Long Island, New York
When we finally come across a decent bank, it merges with another branch!!!

For the past 2 months I have had nothing but problems!!! They "corrected" the problem and of course it isn't fixed!!!!

I am always greeted with "You could do this at the ATM machine" at one branch....the other I can wait on line 15 minutes!!!! Tell me why I should do my transaction at the ATM, when you are sitting behind the counter?

Of course last night when I tried to do my banking over the phone--it took 25 minutes trying every which way---and another 5 trying to get a hold of a human being!!!

I am going to take my grandmother's accounts elsewhere---leaving only the one that I'll be 90 trying to change w/ SS!!! [Embarrassed]

It really annoys me that they are trying to make you use the ATM/phone/computer. Why bother having the bank open at all? Until I am told they will charge you $10 to do a transaction at the window-
I will annoy them every month!!!!!!!! [Smile]

#60568 - 09/08/05 05:19 AM Re: Bank woes
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Do what my mother did, 85 and still a ball buster. When some ditsy broad said to her, "you could do this at the ATM machine" she thought and smiled and said sweetly, "ah yes, but then I wouldn't see your smiling face, you can smile can't you?" Everyone in line laughed and mother took a bow when leaving. She's a hoot!!!

#60569 - 09/08/05 08:22 PM Re: Bank woes
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I cannot believe all of the NONservice people of service give. When it happens to me, I can't help think, "You are HERE because I am HERE." Without me and people like me, they wouldn't even have a job.

JJ

#60570 - 09/08/05 08:55 PM Re: Bank woes
KAY B Offline

Loc: Long Island, New York
I do use some supermarket self service counters now...but it's the same thing--why have someone "helping", when they could be running a register?!!! I get dirty looks when I have to check a full order on a 20 items or less line because there isn't anything else opened!!! [Embarrassed]

#60571 - 09/08/05 09:18 PM Re: Bank woes
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
Thank goodness.... my daughter shared with me, on-line banking. [Big Grin]
Talk about making life easier.
Pay bills, transfer $, no more lines... drive-up or lobby. Still hit those atm's, but they are everywhere. Lines, in any shape or form aren't on my list of high priority's.
Not sure alot of people have pride in the job's they have. You can always tell the people who enjoy what they do for a living.

Brenda

#60572 - 09/08/05 10:20 PM Re: Bank woes
Fiftyandfine Offline

Loc: FL
I like chatty's mom's method!

Fifty

#60573 - 09/08/05 11:52 PM Re: Bank woes
yepthatsme2 Offline

Thought Chatty's mom was justified in her actions also. Sure hope I have that about myself when I reach 85, if I reach 85.
At this point in time, I really do not have enough energy to even stand in lines.
Just sharing, sorry if anyone was hurt by what I had to say.

#60574 - 09/09/05 04:14 AM Re: Bank woes
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Hurt why Brenda, it was an honest and accurate description of the problem many of us face day in and day out. The service, what little there is out there stinks!!! My pet peeve is in my city, Las Vegas of I'm not sure how many million people reside, there is not ONE single gasoline station that offers full service. No one to pump your gas or check under the hood, and yet we are paying twice as much for gas. What is wrong with this picture????? [Mad]

#60575 - 09/10/05 07:09 AM Re: Bank woes
Anonymous
Unregistered

Kay B! I know exactly what your going through! I removed all my money from the Wacky bank (Wachovia) which has merged (and it appears the original founders actually owned slaves as collateral) to a local credit union. The Wacky bank had 24 hour services over the phone, but the charges were outlandish and lines out the door during normal business hours; low interest rates, too. Not worth the hassle. Small credit unions, IMHO, are the way to go -- low interest rates and usually a bit higher savings interest.

#60576 - 09/10/05 07:48 AM Re: Bank woes
yepthatsme2 Offline

First of all, large & small business alike do not give the training, most people need to do their jobs. Takes money to train...less in the pocket.

During rush hours you find less and less people present, especially with a pleasant attitude.
Why.... if your employees get 40 hours...then you need to give them insurance benefits, that takes out of corporate profits.

How many times have you gone into a grocery store, to find employess to be teenagers, all of them with less than 40 hours.
Get that many kids in one place, & what you have is kiddy care.
Store still runs, people are still buying...who cares?

Is it really, the person behind the counter, drive-up window, etc.???
Maybe, this person is working 2 or 3 jobs just to make it.
Let's put it where it belongs.

Year before last was visiting in Mass. it was the first time I remember seeing anyone pump gas for you, even then the extra charge was involved.

Remember when, Oprah started the random acts of kindness? It really did spread... for a short while.
Here's praying it comes back, on a daily basis.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved