The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 199 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#84930 - 08/11/06 12:58 AM friends?
female Offline
stranger

Well, I'm tired of people calling me and asking how I am then interrupting about themselves.
I'm tired of no one listening to me. No one caring enough to listen. And no one caring enough about another human being to give some sort of reply when posts are made. maybe i just need exercise.

#84931 - 08/11/06 01:06 AM Re: friends? *DELETED* [Re: female]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Post deleted by jawjaw

#84932 - 08/11/06 01:23 AM Re: friends? [Re: jawjaw]
49erDonna Offline

Loc: California
That was an excellent reply - and a great posting as well. I agree with you JJ, just because the members sometimes don't reply, it truly doesn't mean they don't care. I am guilty of not responding to all the posts I read. There are a number of reasons for my lack of a response - including those mentioned by JJ. I don't have much free time and I sometimes feel like I don't have much to say - though I always learn and appreciate all the input. In addition, as a fairly new member, I sometimes feel like I don't yet know you all enough to add my contribution (that's a personal "shy" thing.

I would love to have more time to read and respond to all the wonderful postings. It really is a wonderful community of friends.

I think we can all be encouraged to know that our thoughts are being read and thought about by a large number of members even if we don't hear back from them.

I don't think I would be too far off if I said each one of us has probably added a little bit of goodness to each other's lives by our postings or by our replys.

Thank you for being part of this community!

Donna

#84933 - 08/11/06 02:16 AM Re: friends? [Re: 49erDonna]
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Female, I can assure you, at one time or another we have ALL felt that way here. We have all started topics that no one responded to and we've felt that twinge of thinking that no one cared. But it is true, we are not all capable of contributing to each topic and sometimes the women who may respond, don't happen to see the post, and then it gets buried. It is not intentional.
Please give the forum a chance, if you are indeed looking for women who care!
((HUGS))

In My Father's house are many mansions...John 14:2

http://www.myspace.com/westernbluebird

#84934 - 08/11/06 02:16 AM Re: friends? [Re: 49erDonna]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
This IS a wonderful caring community, full of loving, supportive women - who are human, with time constraints, energy limitations and any number of reasons for not being able to respond to posts. I try to respond to as many as I can, but sometimes am just too weak, tired, empty, brain-fogged or in my own pain to know what how best to respond to someone else's pain without my own taking over. Sometimes I can respond adequately, but sometimes my own agony overwhelms me and all I can do is to read the posts and take each sister to my heart in prayer. You don't know that I do that, because it's silent, but I do. When you've been here long enough, you learn to trust that we are indeed a profoundly caring community, who do what we can when we are able to - it's never going to be enough to meet everyone's needs, but all we can do is be who we are and hope that we make a positive difference somewhere in the lives of others who come here.

(Maya Angelou)

#84935 - 08/11/06 02:17 AM Re: friends? [Re: Eagle Heart]
Bluebird Offline

Hey sister bird- we posted at the exact same moment!!

#84936 - 08/11/06 02:20 AM Re: friends? [Re: Bluebird]
Eagle Heart Offline

Shouldn't we be making a wish or something?

(Maya Angelou)

#84937 - 08/11/06 02:22 AM Re: friends? [Re: Eagle Heart]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Female you might try giving us your name and something about yourself. Trust in the women you want responses from and they will likewise trust in you....Welcome to you, whoever you may be.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#84938 - 08/11/06 02:33 AM Re: friends? [Re: chatty lady]
Bluebird Offline

No, I think one of us has to buy the other a Coke!!

#84939 - 08/11/06 02:50 AM Re: friends? [Re: Bluebird]
Eagle Heart Offline

Put that on the list of the things we'll do with each other when we finally meet!

female, this is/can be a life-changing, soul-comforting, spirit-lifting place if you want it to be. It's not magic, it's not instantaneous, it's not always exactly what we need when we need it...give it/us time, trust and truth.

You have no idea what kinds of things the women in this community are going through at any given time - some of us are grieving lost loved ones, some of us are companioning loved ones through terrible ordeals that may not have happy endings, some of us are fighting our own never-ending battles with depression, cancer and/or any number of health issues, some of us (not me) work full-time and have to juggle households and families and spouses, some of us linger in the background reading and praying - and we've learned never to underestimate the value and power of the collective praying that goes on here!

We're a mixed bag of woundedness, wisdom, wit, history, experience, ability and giftedness. We're not perfect, but we're awesome!

(Maya Angelou)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved