The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 103 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#120465 - 06/05/07 10:22 PM Just when I need you most...
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Just when I need you the most, I feel I can't comunicate with you because we don't know who may be lurking. May was a very good month for me and June started well. I've been upbeat and productive. Today's department meeting went badly for me and I almost quite my job. I still want to but can't give up the benefits. I'm angry, crying and feeling deeply hurt. Today I'm so frustrated I wish I hadn't used my real name and face in this forum.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#120466 - 06/05/07 10:26 PM Re: Just when I need you most... [Re: Saundra]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Oh, Saundra! I am so sorry to hear that you fear a lurker and that things are not going well at work. Try a pm to someone (you are welcome to pm me) or even exchange emails with someone or, exchange phone numbers. Don't go through this alone. You do not need to be alone.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#120467 - 06/05/07 10:49 PM Re: Just when I need you most... [Re: Saundra]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
It sounds like it might be too late for today's meeting, but you can change your name and picture and it will show up on ALL POSTS, including all of your old posts. You can also ask Dotsie to delete any potentially incriminating posts if that would help at all...

In the meantime, I'm so sorry to hear that your day was so terribly hurtful...when things suddenly hit us right out of left field it can be so devastating.

Your presence here has been enriching and good for us; it's sad to think that it has had negative repercussions...I know it won't be too comforting at this moment, but know that "this too shall pass".

Many years ago, I wrote a letter to the editor of the local newspaper in response to an article on sexual harrassment at work. I thought I had written my response in such a way that it could not reflect on my current workplace, but through "creative juxtaposition" on the part of the editor, one of my lines ended up being edited and placed in such a way that it did sound like I was being sexually harrassed at my current job. WELL, you cannot even imagine the devastating fallout from that letter. It was excruciating, given that I worked with almost 100 men on just that one floor! It took weeks to blow over, but eventually it did with no serious damage done.

Unfortunately, lurking is a reality of cyber-communities. It's too bad that it forces us to be cautious and stifles our "being" here somewhat, but I hope it doesn't steal you away from us altogether - you need us, we need you. Stay strong in knowing how much we care...

(Maya Angelou)

#120468 - 06/06/07 05:40 AM Re: Just when I need you most... [Re: Eagle Heart]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Hi, Saundra: I am so sorry that, at a time when you needed to "speak" to someone, coming to the boards and doing just that was not an option under the circumstances you mentioned. But, as Anno has mentioned, please do feel free to PM any one of us. I may not be as active on the boards in the meantime because of travel but, I do make it a point to reply to all PM's daily. Please do not hestitate, should you need to discuss anything outside of forums. I hope and pray all will be better. Remember, you have made friends here and you can knock anytime.

#120469 - 06/06/07 06:19 AM Re: Just when I need you most... [Re: Lola]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Same for me Saundra. Knock anytime.I had something similar happen to me.I am a little weary of disclosing certain things now.

#120470 - 06/06/07 07:01 AM Re: Just when I need you most... [Re: chickadee]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Saundra, you know how to get in touch with me too. Sorry that work has been such a headache.

Poet and essayist

#120471 - 06/06/07 07:17 AM Re: Just when I need you most... [Re: meredithbead]
diamond50 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Saundra, I'm so sorry that all is not going well for you.
We will be here for you always!

#120472 - 06/06/07 07:18 AM Re: Just when I need you most... [Re: meredithbead]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Never continue in a job you don't enjoy. If you're happy in what you're doing, you'll like yourself, you'll have inner peace. And if you have that, along with physical health, you will have had more success than you could possibly have imagined.
-- Johnny Carson

You know you can post me anytime too. Just click on the name above my picture, and go from there.
Hannelore

#120473 - 06/06/07 12:58 PM Re: Just when I need you most... [Re: Edelweiss]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
I love you giiiirls! I will not change my name here or run and hide just because someone from work may be reading these posts. I talk about this forum all the time and how wonderful it is because I'm proud to be a member.

I knew I could come here for support and I got it. When I opened my myspace I put "My Boomer Sisters" in the Heroes section. I was right on!

I wrote down everything that happened at the meeting so I could get some perspective. Then I cried again, slept badly, and can't stop thinking about the situation. I saw the "mob mentality" in action. I now work in an alternate universe where the new Director of my department perceives any issue, problem, or comment as a complaint and negativity for which we will be written up (except for a few for whom it is okay to openly complain in a meeting). I cannot be cloned nor will I change my personality for someone else. To survive in this environment I will change some of my behavior.

I don't want to quit my job. I'm just getting good at it. Every day I go to work someone is complaining about something and the complaints and issues are usually valid. I'm one of the few who actually takes an issue where it can be solved instead of "singing to the choir" and that's how I drew attention to myself. She made it clear she doesn't want to be bothered.

These people will throw their own mothers under the bus to get a tour in the door. Intergrity is not an option even though the word is thrown around like a beach ball, but it has no meaning if no one catches that ball. I just feel sick about this and am thankful today and tomorrow are my days off so I have time to regroup.

There's much more to say, but I won't (yet). I'm thankful for each and every one of you and if I need to I will take you up on your offers to PM. How amazing is this place where my boomer sistas "get it" without a long explanation, even though you just got one.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#120474 - 06/06/07 01:44 PM Re: Just when I need you most... [Re: Saundra]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
Saundra,

I just caught your post. Feel free to pm or e-mail me anytime! I consider you a good friend and someone who has her head on her shoulders...and teeth in her mouth...LOL!!!

I know you'll do the right things!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved