The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 209 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#159216 - 09/08/08 10:51 PM What is this world coming to?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
This morning I was making an omelet and went out onto my back patio to gather some of the many grape tomatoes growing on the vine hanging from my patio roof. The plants are/or were, full of delicious sweet tomatoes. I reached up while watching the birdsa nearby and NOTHING< I looked quickly at the spot where they hung and NOTHING< plants and planters GONE! Sometime in the night either a large bird, (OH yeah!) or some thief made away with my tomatoes, but my GOd why take the hanging planters too? I think it had to be someone in the park because we have security gates and getting in after dark isn't easy.
I looked but there was no telltale trail of tomatoes or leaves, just nothing. Now I have to buy tomatoes again...I am so mad!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#159273 - 09/09/08 07:33 AM Re: What is this world coming to? [Re: chatty lady]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
I bet you are anxious to find out... and just hate that you'll have to buy tomatoes. I went to the grocery day before yesterday and 2 small onions costs .75, a bag of 5 apples $4.94, a small bag of maple nut goodies $1.45, milk $3.12, 1/2 dozen small eggs $.98... and bread $2.30... I hadn't been for over a week and came home depressed!

#159276 - 09/09/08 08:03 AM Re: What is this world coming to? [Re: gims]
Mountain Ash Offline

I could send some over Chatty.I wish.

#159282 - 09/09/08 08:45 AM Re: What is this world coming to? [Re: Mountain Ash]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I just hope whoever stole them enjoys them, the hanging buses were just full of tiny sweet tomatoes. Dam that makes me mad. I love the taste of my own garden veges.

#159286 - 09/09/08 10:50 AM Re: What is this world coming to? [Re: chatty lady]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
That is horrible and makes me angry for you. That will also come back to them, whoever it was. Oh gosh...how awful Chatty. That means that someone was watching the place and knew when they could take it. I would alert all the neighbors, too. Who knows what will come up missing next?

It's a wonder the dogs didn't bark. I know a small box of cherry tomatoes HERE is 4.00. Ridiculous! And I quit buying bacon. Holy pig! I would start making my own bread but all of the ingredients cost just as much as buying loafs, nowadays. And milking cows ain't on my list of "20 Things to do before I die." Ew..ick...yuck. I cooked chicken the other day (see blog) and had to wear gloves. Icky...icky...yucky...

So what are we all going to do? Eat cardboard? Maybe we need to just eat oatmeal three times a day and give the POWERS THAT BE time to reassess the cost of it all.

No wait, that won't work. That would just throw the farmers into bankruptcy.

Ahhhhh....how the heck did I get on this rant? Somebody stop me.

#159323 - 09/09/08 07:04 PM Re: What is this world coming to? [Re: jawjaw]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Chatty, next time you plant tomatoes, hang a flashing neon sign over them:

I don't water my tomatoes, I spit on them. eek

#159328 - 09/09/08 07:48 PM Re: What is this world coming to? [Re: Edelweiss2]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Lol, Ed!
I'm so sorry Chatty, that you have had this happen to you.
I think I know a bit of how you feel.
I live in a little community too and you get this feeling of belonging and safety that can be lost when you get hurt like this.
I live in a gated community and at one time we had a car theft ring being run from INSIDE the community! We all were worried our car would be next and it did not stop until the police did a stake out all night.
So now you have to wonder what else is not safe outside your home, right?
Do you feel safe there, Chatty?
I know you are wise, do you have any idea who would have done such a thing?
There are plenty of plants outside our townhouses here and if it were on of mine, I'd be on high alert, and hurt.
Are you okay?
Dancer

"Question your privilege"

#159330 - 09/09/08 07:57 PM Re: What is this world coming to? [Re: dancer9]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Is that Edelweiss? Welcome back dear friend. I've missed you terribly!

Chats, there's nothing worse than feeling like you've been violated. YOu may want to drive the neighborhood and look for them. It must be soemone local within your community. Don't you think?

A couple weeks ago, I went out in the morning to find a part of my garden all tossled up. Nothing serious, but I didn't like the fact that someone was messing with it. STEP AWAY from our gardens!

#159331 - 09/09/08 07:57 PM Re: What is this world coming to? [Re: Dotsie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
chatty, will this keep you from planting again next year?

#159344 - 09/09/08 08:51 PM Re: What is this world coming to? [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Nope Dotsie, but wherever I am I will have my patio enclosed so the hanging garden plants are secdure and left alone. I am surprised too that the dogs didn't bark because they hear everything and are yappy little ladies.

Dancer I always felt safe before because nothing ever happened in here but lately things have gone missing all through the park. I asked one of the guys at the SPCA to allow me to take home one of the guard dogs, and then I plan to sit in a centrally located spot where I can see the streets and if I see anyone there that doesn't look like they belong, messing with anything, I will let the dog go...SURPRISE ROBBER!!! Yes, thats your thieving a// in his big sharp teeth...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved