The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 104 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#164501 - 11/04/08 03:15 AM Unreturned Phone Calls
MustangGal
Unregistered

What would you do if important calls are unreturned?

I'm car pooling and today it was HER day to drive and she called me, yet I did not notice that she called to tell me was sick today. She left a voicemail on my mobile which was in my purse, by the door, ready to go -- while I was in the bedroom looking out for her car. The voicemail said she was sick and would call me today to let me know if she'd drive tomorrow. Yet, she did not and I do not feel it is my responsibility to call her. This is the 2nd time she's done this in 2.5 weeks. It is now 10:11 PM. I needed an answer tonight to plan accordingly for tomorrow b/c I'd like to leave at 3:30 to vote. Thus, needed to know if she'd do the same since we work at the same firm. This is rude. I will depart at my normal time and keep her out of the loop. She can drive her own lazy self!

#164505 - 11/04/08 03:28 AM Re: Unreturned Phone Calls [Re: ]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Mustang, it's so aggravating trying to rely on someone else. It makes sense to carpool, but not at the risk of being late to work.

#164513 - 11/04/08 04:37 AM Re: Unreturned Phone Calls [Re: ]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: MustangGal
What would you do if important calls are unreturned?
You answered your own question!
Originally Posted By: MustangGal
She can drive her own lazy self!
My thoughts exactly...

#164530 - 11/04/08 03:24 PM Re: Unreturned Phone Calls [Re: gims]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
This was one of the reasons I didn't like carpooling for different activities with the kids. I will always be on time or early and don't like to be late. Waiting on others makes me anxious (unless they are always timely, and many people are) so I'd rather drive myself.

Does she have your house phone number?

This is a problem I see with having cell and work phones. Some people assume your cell is your main phone and others assume it's your house phone. This kind of miscommunication has happened to me with my cell. "Well I called your cell and left a message."

"Sorry, but I haven't used my cell since yesterday morning."

I don't know what the answer is.

#164548 - 11/04/08 06:11 PM Re: Unreturned Phone Calls [Re: Dotsie]
MustangGal
Unregistered

She left another VM this morning @ 7:20ish - just pisses me off b/c I was hoping to save money and with her being 'sick' (she's sick on the days her husband is off work) I'm not. Arrgggh, I'm trying to think positive!

#164556 - 11/04/08 07:56 PM Re: Unreturned Phone Calls [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Well its this very reason Mustang that I never go anywhere EVER, without my own car. I can come and go as I please this way, and am not waiting around or cow-towing to other rude, or inconsiderate people, of which I hate to say, the world is full of.

By the way I've been concerned as to what ever happened with your horse, did you move him from that nasty place with no shelter or water?

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#164774 - 11/06/08 12:27 AM Re: Unreturned Phone Calls [Re: ]
MustangGal
Unregistered

Chatty, I hope to move Maverick this weekend -- will post more about it later. I'm a bit upset again b/c the fence line was moved again, thus decreasing more pasture, and the horses had little water last night. I refilled and had to leave to vote. Gritting my teeth all the while.

Anne327, gosh thats got to be frustrating! They want you to call them, yet their disorganization is such an obstacle! I wonder (if you've not already done so) if you could leave a more detailed answering machine message that asks the caller for more specific information in which to better serve them, otherwise you will call them at your soonest opportunity? Although, this might make them stop and think! We wouldn't want that now would we?!!!

#164826 - 11/06/08 01:44 PM Re: Unreturned Phone Calls [Re: ]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Mustang, keep us posted on the move. I've got my fingers crossed for you!

#164827 - 11/06/08 02:18 PM Re: Unreturned Phone Calls [Re: jawjaw]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Good luck with Maverick and the carpooling situation, Mustang.
Dealing with some people can be a major nuisance. It's very rude not to return important phone calls, or any phone call for that matter. What's up with that???
Prayers and blessings,

#165922 - 11/18/08 05:59 PM Re: Unreturned Phone Calls [Re: jabber]
Josie Offline

Loc: NJ
I tried this one time when my son was in grade school. A woman in the next town over asked if I would mind driving her son back and forth to school, since both children went to the same school, She said she would "help pay for the gas," but she never did. So after a few weeks of her never appearing to be at home when I knocked at her door or called, I sent a note home with her son, saying our arrangement had now been terminated.

I'm amazed I let myself be used for that long. Now that I'm pushing 60, I speak up right away. lol Guess age gives one chutzpah.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved