This is probably so telling about me and I'll probably regret this, but it's okay, I'm among friends, right?

As some of you know I've been going to a therapist for several weeks, mostly because I was just so angry. But I get over things and move on so that wasn't long lasting. And then my husband and I have been going to our church's Celebrate Recovery class for a while now.

Here lies my irritation - I'm a happy person, I believe that whatever issues I have in my life, be they past, present of future "issues" God will help me deal with them along with helping me to understand what they are, why they are and how to prevent them or work around them.

In both things today the facilitators were trying to uncover some hidden issues, or anger or something in me that they are sure is there. Well...I am a happy person, I don't choose to be disgruntled most days, some things irritate me and -so- so they do and after a while I move on. Part of our discussion was on gratitude. Well I'm grateful for everything, even the trials in life. But because I didn't have a drug or alcohol issue, wasn't bulimic, didn't have fits of rage or any other stuff.....they think I'm just controlling my issues.

Isn't it possible that I don't have a bunch of issues? Can't I just be a happy person? What's the matter that I can't think of a bunch of ugly things, or angers or some deep hidden past to dig up? I don't hold my thoughts or emotions in. I just can't relate. Why is that?

Kate